PDA

View Full Version : purple wire on the ignition switch heating up

chutch
05-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Hello everyone. I have a 99 Outback and am having a problem. Hoping someone can help.

First let me say I bought the boat about 3 years ago. It came with a waketower, and Boss 530 speakers and light bar. This year I recently installed Perfect Pass. I got the perfect pass all hooked up and working correctly. Then I noticed when I turned on the light bar the perfect pass would stop working. Ok, so I figured the lights were drawing to much power. Called Perfect Pass and they told me to move the power off of the tach to the ignition switch.

Well before I did that I noticed that with just the instrument panel hooked up and I would turn the ignition switch on the purple wire coming out of the back is getting really hot. So hot you can't even touch it. I don't know how long this has been like this but I know it shouldn't be getting that hot. As far as I can tell the only thing running off that purple wire would be the guages on the instrument panel. It obviously has a bunch of current running through it to make it that hot.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? Please help!