PDA

View Full Version : Sharing the stoke!

Jeff W
05-18-2010, 08:45 AM
Had a great session on the water last night..

I landed my first *SWITCH* ts fs 180 last night. I haven't rode much switch ever so last night I was taking some sets.. I've got my ts fs regular 180's and hs fs 180's dialed in already so I figured I'd try to work on my switch 180's.. I hit my first one I tried.

I was so stoked when I rode away from it - I'm sure from the boat I looked shocked.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO handicapped feeling when I'm taking sets switch.. I can't even get wake to wake riding switch yet. I case the other side of the wake. I'll get there though - its' only mid May.. By the end of June I'm going to be 100% comfortable riding switch. It's my next goal.

Added another one to the bag of tricks!

kaneboats
05-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Congrats! Some of us will never be comfy switch. To many years of slalom skiing.

scoot_gt
05-18-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO handicapped feeling when I'm taking sets switch.

When the waters rough, ride switch - the learning curve will be shortened :)

Great job on the 180s!

viking
05-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Congrats! Some of us will never be comfy switch. To many years of slalom skiing.

Too true! One can only hope with practice it get's easier. Problem is I'm not that young anymore :)

Jeff W
05-18-2010, 12:51 PM

So true! I slalom'd for YEARS and dont' ride switch well on a snowboard either.

The switch 180 was AWESOME to hit.. The other solid 180's were just gravy..

HS BS 180 is next. Only one I haven't hit yet.

Jeff W
05-18-2010, 12:51 PM
When the waters rough, ride switch - the learning curve will be shortened :)

Great job on the 180s!

I'm starting "switch Sundays" for the rest of the summer. Nothing but switch the whole time.. I'm usually hung over on Sundays anyways - it will work perfect.

you da man
05-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Speaking of riding switch. When I was a little kid all the way into my mid teens I could ride my skateboard goofy (my preferred stance) or switch. I hope that 23 years later it will come back to me at 38 yrs old. I recently found my old skateboard at my parents house and took a few laps around the block riding switch. My neighbors who have known me since I was 5 made it a point to tell me I wasn't a kid anymore.

Jeff W
05-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Speaking of riding switch. When I was a little kid all the way into my mid teens I could ride my skateboard goofy (my preferred stance) or switch. I hope that 23 years later it will come back to me at 38 yrs old. I recently found my old skateboard at my parents house and took a few laps around the block riding switch. My neighbors who have known me since I was 5 made it a point to tell me I wasn't a kid anymore.

age is a number!

Hillbilly
05-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Congrats on the ts switch 180 ! I'm trying to get that one w2w, But man my cut is so screwed up toe switch though.

I'm going for some switch grabs this year, I've come really close on a switch roast beef. I suppose a tail grab might be easier though when I think about it ?

Jeff W
05-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Congrats on the ts switch 180 ! I'm trying to get that one w2w, But man my cut is so screwed up toe switch though.

I'm going for some switch grabs this year, I've come really close on a switch roast beef. I suppose a tail grab might be easier though when I think about it ?

Get em both!

My toeside switch edging is better than my healside... I seem to be opposite of most in that regard.

Hillbilly
05-19-2010, 07:46 PM
LOL....I'm pretty backasswards also ! :roll:

Jeff W
05-24-2010, 08:50 AM
Had some great sets yesterday. I caught a BRUTAL edge on a surface 180. It was hilarious. Dialing in some 180 variations, working some grabs, etc.. I need to start poking out some of my stuff.

Also got a "switch" surf set in yesterday.

Jeff W
05-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Rode last night. Took 4 sets. Damn - my body is BEAT today but I was still harcore enough to get his morning and hit Crossfit at 5:45.

Landed ts fs, ts bs, hs fs 180's, a bunch of grabs and crunched my ankle pretty good when I cased the opposite side wake on a tantrum.

What a great night on the water though. Anytime you can get 4 sets in after work on a week night is a success!

Jeff W
06-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Amen!

in my case - I don't think I could get in four with the 4 other riders in the boat that is unless I hit up the boss for the new "summer hours" .....

last sunday the rain broke for a short while - took a set behind the Axis full ballast full wedge - booted! also blasted out the lace retainers on my D2's- hate that- under warranty but still a hassle - did try those new Ronix One boots - those are nice!

Jeff - you may have said this but what are you riding behind?

My crew is huge. We have my Moomba, an older Wakesetter, an 02' Tige, an 06' X Star, an 07' Supra 22SSV, an 09' Air Natique 211 and another boat or two I'm forgeting. I'm riding something else ALL of the time..

Jeff W
06-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Amen!

in my case - I don't think I could get in four with the 4 other riders in the boat that is unless I hit up the boss for the new "summer hours" .....

last sunday the rain broke for a short while - took a set behind the Axis full ballast full wedge - booted! also blasted out the lace retainers on my D2's- hate that- under warranty but still a hassle - did try those new Ronix One boots - those are nice!

Jeff - you may have said this but what are you riding behind?

oh and the 4 set night was one where I got off work at 4:50pm, went home and let the dog out, met my buddy at the launch, filled ballast and started riding at 6 and rode til about 9:30. There were just two of us and we EACH took 4 sets.

GLORIOUS.

Jeff W
06-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Holiday weekend we plowed through some fuel - two sets each day - one totally brutal edge catch on a toeside w2w - bad times - had to take the week off lets the gut muscles heal - hit it up behind an 08 Malibu V-ride full ballast full wedge = nice wake.

gonna do the same thing this weekend - raining too hard all week to get any sets in over the week - TGIF weather report holds promise...

I sold my Outback. Shooting for an 09 or 10 V-Ride. Will slump it with 3k + wedge. Glad to hear you liked the wake.