PDA

View Full Version : Center Bag Ballast pump question

hornet
05-17-2010, 11:24 AM
I own a 2006 Mobius LSV and noticed my center bag would not drain this weekend, and have determined that the pump down by the center bag (drain pump) is not working, which also renders the intake pump useless at this point. Any body know where to obtain a replacement for the drain pump? Looks easy enough to replace myself, and was told that the compenents of the ballast systems are readily available most anywhere. Anybody replaced theirs? Any advice as to where to find that pump?

Thanks!

saskie99
05-17-2010, 11:38 AM
I bought a replacement pump at a hardware store for 35.00 bucks. Just a regular aretor style pump.

kaneboats
05-17-2010, 11:39 AM
You can get tsunami ones that work very well at WalMart. Cheap.

hornet
05-17-2010, 11:46 AM
cool-thanks for the replies so far.......was it as easy to replace as it looks? what about the bracket that is currently mounting it to the boat.....did you replace that or are you able to re-use?

mmandley
05-17-2010, 11:50 AM
If you buy a Tsunami you can actually thread it right into the ballast bag. You will need a o-ring to seal it. Other wise you can leave it lie in the ski locker too as it hoses will hold it in place and once the bag is full it wont be able to move.

Hillbilly
05-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Check all the fuses before you dump the $ into a new pump ! I have an 07 LSV and my drain quit working and I checked the fuses and they were all good ? Now I just pop off the hose and let it drain into the bilge. Not the best way but it works at this point. I don't even know where to start with the wiring? I thought about putting a new pump and running new wire to the switch just so I know it's good.

cab13367
05-17-2010, 03:20 PM
I was just going to say, did you check the fuse for that pump? There is a separate fuse box for all the ballast system pumps and solenoids under the dash somewhere.

kaneboats
05-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Check all the fuses before you dump the $ into a new pump ! I have an 07 LSV and my drain quit working and I checked the fuses and they were all good ? Now I just pop off the hose and let it drain into the bilge. Not the best way but it works at this point. I don't even know where to start with the wiring? I thought about putting a new pump and running new wire to the switch just so I know it's good.

That sounds just a little bit Hillbilly to me. :)

cab13367
05-18-2010, 03:17 PM

hillbilly,

Are all three of your drain pumps not working or just one?

Al

Hillbilly
05-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Just the center bag , It doesn't even pump on it's own now. But I guess it's all good because the wonderful design of the system fills the front anyway....LOL

kaneboats
05-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Just the center bag , It doesn't even pump on it's own now. But I guess it's all good because the wonderful design of the system fills the front anyway....LOL

That's too funny. I still haven't looked at mine to see why it's filling even with the sprinkler valve on the right setting. As soon as I figure something out I'll post it.