PDA

View Full Version : Great weekend

mjwray
05-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Man was a nice weekend here in Alabama, temps in the upper 80's little to no wind and ice cold beer and good friends, don't get no better than this. One problem is I noticed on one of the strakes toward the front of the boat has some chips out of the side of the strake. It looks like the forward bunks on the trailer are not in line and are hitting the strakes at an angle, kinda hard to explain will try and get a picture tomorrow. I just need to know who would be the best person to email about fixing this, I work in a restricted area with no cell phones and company phones can't be used for personal stuff. Any help would be great!!

Jeff W
05-17-2010, 09:11 AM
looks like you're getting BOOTED on those last two pics..

We had a great weekend riding up here in Minnesota too.

Thanks for sharing the stoke!

Jeff W
05-17-2010, 09:11 AM
you could probably fix the trailer yourself.

mmandley
05-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Yes you should be able to fix it your self. The bunks will be symmetrical to one another. Measure the front bunk distance from each other front and rear. I ber one is crooked. Also one might even be loose.

sandm
05-17-2010, 10:59 AM
ya, check the bolts. I think there was a reminder on here last year about several of us that discovered loose lag bolts. they really need to be checked once a year..

mjwray
05-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Yea will check the bunks, you can see that it doesn't sit right on the bottom of the boat, but I need to have the 1" chips out of the gel coat repaired which I am hoping would be warranty work wouldn't it? Yea I love the pop off a fully loaded XLV, it will throw you way up there.

Thanks Matt