PDA

View Full Version : 2008 XLV settings

mjwray
05-16-2010, 10:13 PM
I have a 2008 XLV GG with the gravity 3 ballast, I filled the left rear bag and put everyone in the boat in the left corner, changed speed from 10 to 12 MPH, wake plate down and I cannot get a clean wake like I see in pictures on here. I can free ride but it seems like I have to be right up on the boat, I cannot drift back at all. Was just looking for ideals for a better set up so any info would be great.

Thanks Matt

kaneboats
05-16-2010, 10:15 PM
Put the wakeplate all the way up. Try to get a little weight in the nose too to lengthen the wake.

jeffrogge
05-16-2010, 10:26 PM
fill the middle bag.

mmandley
05-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Yup plate 3/4 to all the way up. Fill the nose bag depending on how big it is. If you got the monster 1100 DONT fill it all the way unless your running a 750 in the rear locker.

If you over fill the nose compared to the rear it will lift the rear of the boat out of the water and flatten the wave. This is essentially what your wake plate is doing.

Weight the back makes the wave steep.
Weight the front makes the wave long.

Got my nose bag plumbed in yesterday and we went surfing. Wave was insane.

Als son jumped on our wave and loved it. Said its just as high as his dads boat but my pocket is a lot longer.

Me and Al have the same set up except i added a nose bag now.

mjwray
05-17-2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks guys, I have the stock bag which looks like the same size as the rear. Does anyone know what size the stock bags on the gravity 3 system is, all three bags look the same size. The wave size is great just hoping to extend it out, but also might look into the 750 bag, will that fit in the rear locker and still close?

Thanks Matt

ToddXLV
05-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Yep, you guys got it. Wakeplate all the way down is making that wave dirty. Raise wakeplate to 3/4's and move heavier people around the boat until you get what you want.

I'm a beginner wakesurfer so here is the wake behind my boat with me surfing, you'll get a good laugh. I just go this new Ronix Caption 4'8" wakesurf and love it!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=394982911827&ref=mf

you da man
05-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Thanks guys, I have the stock bag which looks like the same size as the rear. Does anyone know what size the stock bags on the gravity 3 system is, all three bags look the same size. The wave size is great just hoping to extend it out, but also might look into the 750 bag, will that fit in the rear locker and still close?

Thanks Matt

My center sac is almost the entire length of the center locker. Only about a foot of room left when it's filled. I've been on Barefoot Internationals site and Wakemakers and haven't found another center sac other than the 88x19x19. I'm not sure the exact measurements of this center sac but I'll measure it in a day or so just out of curiousity. It's much longer than the 565lb sacs that the dealer included in my V-drive. I have the 1,100lb v-drive sacs waiting for me at the dealership to trade out the 565lb sacs with. The dealer was supposed to order the 750 sacs but the parts guy in his ultimate wisdom thought I meant 565lb sacs and swore I discussed it with him...psssssh, whatever...I never met the guy before.

trevormcfar
05-19-2010, 11:14 PM

Thanks Matt

400lbs in each rear locker and 650 in the center ski locker is the GG3 set up . I have it in my 08 XLV now. Thinking about changing over to the 750lbs in each and putting a couple of 155lbs bricks in the front to lengthen out the wake... I'm new at this as well, so not sure if I'm doing it right but thats my .25 worth.

you da man
05-20-2010, 12:29 AM
400lbs in each rear locker and 650 in the center ski locker is the GG3 set up . I have it in my 08 XLV now. Thinking about changing over to the 750lbs in each and putting a couple of 155lbs bricks in the front to lengthen out the wake... I'm new at this as well, so not sure if I'm doing it right but thats my .25 worth.

What's the approx length of your center sac in your XLV? I went to the Wakemakers website and the 1,100lb center sac is measured as 88" in length and claims to be 38" longer than the stock center sac. Now my XLV is not the GG edition XLV and only came with the GGI which is only the center sac. I had my dealer include the GGIII system in with my boat final price. My boat storage is not near me so I can't get a quick measurement but I know there is no way that there's an extra 38" of length in that center locker for the 1100lb sac. The dealer said they did not change out the center sac and that the GGIII system does not include the 1100lb center sac and keeps the stock center sac which is approx 650lbs.

05-20-2010, 10:07 PM
I have an XLV, and with the stock 450's in the rear, I'd fill up just the left side and the wave was ok, I could free ride as long as I wanted, wakeplate amost all the way down, about 3/4 or more. Upgraded to the 750's and it's much better. I put in maybe 20-30% in the 1100 up front and 750 in the corner we want to surf and the wave is money. If there is a bunch of people on the boat and we stuff them in the corner or fill an extra 400lbs sack, it gets silly.

you da man
05-20-2010, 10:28 PM
I can't wait to play with the 1100lb sacs in the back.

kaneboats
05-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Yup, that's going to be some fun. Here's hoping you get it dialed in just right!

you da man
05-24-2010, 12:23 AM
Got out today and surfed a little. Was a little bummed that I couldn't get the goofy side to clean up and have some length. The regular side was very nice but I don't surf that side. At the present time I have the 565lb sacs, we had driver plus 3 hotties (maybe 125lbs each) and me surfing. I was able to free ride but the pocket was very short.

you da man
06-08-2010, 12:47 AM
Okay, got the XLV on the water Sunday and today with the new 1100lb sacs in the rear and 1180lb sac in the center. Only 2 of us Sunday and 3 today in the boat. Filled the surf side 1100lb sac and the 1180 center. The wake was tall but short. I'm 6'00" and the wake was easily to the top of my hip. I actually dipped my head into the curl (yes it did curl) for fun. Did this with just driver and one passenger on the goofy side. The starboard side was longer and a little cleaner. I'm ordering two 400lb sacs tomorrow. I'll throw one on the surf side seat and possibly throw the other in the bow and play with more bow weight. If I use the new 400's along with my current surf set up...that's freaking 2,980lbs of surf ballast. Some have said in the Centurion forum that if you really weight the boat heavy on the surf side you can actually put in a few hundred pounds on the other rear locker and it'll give the wake more push.

kaneboats
06-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Can't wait to see some pics and vids of this wake.