PDA

View Full Version : Removing driver seat on 2010 LSV

TL7
05-16-2010, 10:06 PM
Has anyone done it? Is it easy? I have a sub/enclosure that I think will fit down there, but I will need to remove the seat to get it in. Hoping to get a little "how to" directions on here.

Also, is the wall between the driver foot well and the front storage removable? I noticed that now it's a vertical wall; in our Outback it was a slanted wall. Seems now it is just a divider.

newty
05-17-2010, 12:11 AM
Not sure if its the same as the 08 but om mine there is a black panel at the foot of the seat with 4 screws in it. take that out and you should have access to all the bolts and nuts for the seat. Make sense?

mmandley
05-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Has anyone done it? Is it easy? I have a sub/enclosure that I think will fit down there, but I will need to remove the seat to get it in. Hoping to get a little "how to" directions on here.

Also, is the wall between the driver foot well and the front storage removable? I noticed that now it's a vertical wall; in our Outback it was a slanted wall. Seems now it is just a divider.

As for the panel i am not 100% positive but i SC does this on the XLV and it is removable. Look up from the bow cushions and you should see the back off the panel. Then on the panel just search the corners it should have screws.

TL7
05-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Thanks guys. Removed the panel and had access to the 4 bolts that hold the seat on. Piece of cake. Also was able to remove the "divider" panel under the dash. 3 long screws held this in place. Was able to ease the enclosure in and push it back to have some leg room. Now I've got a 12" sub in a ported enclosure with same amount of foot space as when I had a 10" in a regular box.

moombadaze
05-18-2010, 02:01 PM
can you post some photos of this

TL7
05-18-2010, 02:04 PM
I'll try and get a picture or two tonight.