PDA

View Full Version : Dock Day!

04OUTBACK
05-16-2010, 09:40 AM
It's Finally here! They will be putting in our Dock and lift today! YEAH. Woke up this am and it was GLASS out on the lake. lot's of fishing boats. water is in the 50s so not many wakeboarders out.. matter of fact, have not seen one yet this year!
The Mess and stress of moving is STILL underway. Junk everywhere. Gotta get a lot of that cleaned up before I'm gonna get much lake time in! (plus warmth!)

Cheers.

photos tonight

mmandley
05-16-2010, 09:42 AM
Woot nice man. I can only imagine the feeling of knowing your dock is being put in and your baby will be right there waiting all the time.

You will get a lot of time in now with a dock. Day and night rides.

SEARK
05-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Glad to hear the docks about in. Just put my boat in the water about 15 minutes ago. Now gotta convince the rest of the family that it's time to go. Lake is like glass right now. My wife thinks it's more important for my daughter to study for finals than go on the lake. Thought having the boat in the water might be a little motivation to get the studying done quicker. Probably not though. :(

04OUTBACK
05-16-2010, 09:21 PM
welll..UGH
Dock guys did not show up.. TYPICAL
Got my lift ready. but its still high and dry..

pictures to come later..

kaneboats
05-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Ohhh. Sorry, Brad. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

jmvotto
05-16-2010, 10:54 PM
Brad, sorry to hear about that. They guys came up and we got the hoist in saturday. now just need to get the boat there. next saturday should be the day.

04OUTBACK
05-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Had a No Good Very Bad day at work today.. came home and was gonna go down the road to my old neighbors for cocktail hr.. stopped by the house.. AND the dock was in and they were about to put in my lift! YEAH!

it needs a little fine tuning.. too close to the pier.. and slightly leans to one side..but boat is in!!! i think I need to adjust the bunks too..will have to see later..

First pic is when I got it all the way cranked up and realized it was a bit back heavy and the lift was tilted back.... all the way back down, reset, back up.
I gotta find a dock section for the side to be able to run the wheel.. too hard from boat!

deerfield
05-20-2010, 10:18 PM
04 - That's GREAT! You're going to like the convenience of the boat right there at the lake on a lift. A couple of observations: 1) good idea to get that lift level so water does not pool in a low spot in the bilge and 2) install some sort of platform or walk on both sides of the lift to facilitate putting the cover on the boat. By the way, why install the lift at an angle rather than perpendicular to the pier? - Deerfield

maxpower220
05-20-2010, 10:19 PM
How do you crank that wheel???? It's way out there.

jmvotto
05-21-2010, 08:58 AM
Brad, glad to see her in the water. a little work to get down from inside the boat. you should be able to find some space docks parts around the loakes to have a walk out.

FYI, my snap on bow cover, lets rain in from the winsheild area, (as i have found out the hard way having my boat in the pouring rain the last two weeks in the drive way) Without a canopy on the hoist i would get a mooring cover.. my .02

04OUTBACK
05-21-2010, 04:37 PM
deerfield:
45 degree angle cuz I share the dock with others 2 lifts out on end, one angled next to me.

Maxpower:
From the boat or on the rail of the lift. gonna get a dock section to go out there

Joe:
Got a brand new spanking mooring cover with no trailer straps.. !! new fabric not what I got in '06 (Canvas crap_)

now just need warm water

maxpower220
05-21-2010, 08:03 PM
I bought one of those electric motors that run from the boat battery to run the lift, it works great. Yeah, it's slow, but better than all of those turns by hand. Very much worth the price and I got it from Overton's when they had a sale with free shipping. Also, it's easy to remove for the season.

wolfeman131
05-21-2010, 11:39 PM
nice Brad! you're going to love it.