PDA

View Full Version : caps

badasshybrid
05-14-2010, 08:31 PM
How in the world do you get the caps off of the roller shafts? I have beat and banged till I am tired.

Also wheres the best place to get a new Stoltz roller?

deerfield
05-14-2010, 10:15 PM
How in the world do you get the caps off of the roller shafts? I have beat and banged till I am tired.

Also wheres the best place to get a new Stoltz roller?

Um, what is a roller shaft?

Razzman
05-14-2010, 10:38 PM
IF your referring to the bow roller you'll never get off or on while the boats on the trailer. I took the new roller and tools (ratchet and wrench) to the lake with me. Loosen everything up before launching, back down and when the boats floating reach over and do it real quick, took all of two minutes. Or you can do it in the lot while the boats in the water.

Overton's was the best deal i'd found. Look here at this thread (https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=11173).

badasshybrid
05-15-2010, 12:30 AM
http://www.overtons.com/assets/images/products/medium/74195_M1.jpg
http://www.overtons.com/assets/images/products/large/20616_L1.jpg
http://www.overtons.com/assets/images/products/large/20617_L1.jpg

jmvotto
05-15-2010, 07:00 AM
thats not a bow roller:confused: where would you put this.

mmandley
05-15-2010, 08:53 AM
its a self centering roller for smaller deep keel boats.

Razzman
05-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Twist back and forth while pulling hard on those and they will come off.

newty
05-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Badasshybrid try jacking up the boat with blocks a little to take the pressure of the trailer/roller. That should help a little. Maybe squirt some penetrating oil on there and let it sit a couple days.

Feeling better yet?

badasshybrid
05-15-2010, 07:16 PM
thats not a bow roller:confused: where would you put this.

I never said anything about a bow roller. Its in the middle of my trailer, in front of the bunks. My boat keel hits this roller before any of the boat hits the bunks.

badasshybrid
05-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Twist back and forth while pulling hard on those and they will come off.

I have tried that with no progress at all. I will give it another try.

badasshybrid
05-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Badasshybrid try jacking up the boat with blocks a little to take the pressure of the trailer/roller. That should help a little. Maybe squirt some penetrating oil on there and let it sit a couple days.

Feeling better yet?

On mine the boat doesnt touch the roller while sitting on the bunks, looks like it is only used when loading. I will spray some oil on it when I get home and see if it helps. Only reason I am changing it was I saw some marks on the keel so I climbed under there and saw that the rubber is completely gone in the middle of the roller. Its down to the bare metal, thought I better fix it before it tears up something.

I am feeling the same still just tired of sitting around the house. Only have enough energy for about 1 or 2 hours then I am out again. This crap sucks:mrgreen:

zegm
05-15-2010, 07:35 PM
What you need here is a good pair of vise grips. Grab the lip of those "cap/shaft nuts" and pry back and forth and you will get them off. I know I have done it on my sons wagon.

badasshybrid
05-16-2010, 05:21 PM
I tried everything today and they would not budge at all. Well, that is till I got pissed and pulled out the plasma cutter:D

Now instead of putting back in a shaft with those stupid caps, can I put in a 5/8" bolt and nylock nut ???

Thanks for all of the help guys !!

New Guy
05-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Yeah that should work but I would try to find a stainless one.

newty
05-16-2010, 10:56 PM
That a way to do it! Teach that beach!

badasshybrid
05-16-2010, 11:19 PM
That a way to do it! Teach that beach!

LMAO I was so pissed I was dropping f bombs like you wouldnt believe.

O ya I think I lost a couple of nice tools in the process:D

newty
05-16-2010, 11:58 PM
Thats what we call a learning curve!:p LOL.

kaneboats
05-17-2010, 11:25 AM
LMAO I was so pissed I was dropping f bombs like you wouldnt believe.

O ya I think I lost a couple of nice tools in the process:D

I usually have to go over into my neighbor's yard to pick up all the tools I THROW OVER THERE!!!!!!:mad:

Sled491
05-17-2010, 11:31 PM
Funny I ussually have to go to the neighbours to get my tools back!!