PDA

View Full Version : Digital camera help for you- maybe

kaneboats
05-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Somehow I broke the LCD screen on my decent but not super expensive Canon camera. In the meantime the kids were using the old Canon point and shoot and now the lens won't retract. I started searching the net for a cheap way to repair these and found this guy on ebay. He'll sell you the LCD or the lens replacement kit and ship it to you or, if you send him the camera, he'll install it for free and ship it back for free. It was only 35 for the LCD and 25 for the lens kit. I'll let everybody know how this works out. If it's all OK, then these cameras are now worth fixing instead of tossing. In the meantime, here's the link to his store:

http://stores.ebay.com/DHcameras

Oh yeah, he's in Chicago so if we have any problems we can get Deerfield to go over there and set him straight.

ian ashton
05-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Nice! I've got a 8mp Canon P&S that I absolutely loved that the lens is stuck, I'll see if he has the parts to fix.

Thanks for the tip!

kaneboats
06-02-2010, 09:05 AM
I got both cameras back the other day working good as new. I did have to pay for shipping and send a money order for $7.99 for return shipping. But, I got two cameras sent, fixed and returned for about $75 total. They were junk before the repairs and one was about a $300 camera and the second one was about $140. This is well worth it. I definitely recommend the service.

sandm
06-02-2010, 10:02 AM
nice find. it's amazing how many times you buy something like these, spend a decent amount of coin, and when they break, they are deemed "disposable". nice to see someone that will help you get them fixed and don't charge more than the product cost initially...