PDA

View Full Version : Replacement swivel for tower rope attachment.

pecanflyboy
05-14-2010, 12:10 AM
I've got a 2001 Mobius with the OEM tower. The rope attachment pylon does not have a plastic or delron pivot. Is there a swivel available for purchase that can be installed on over the tower rope attachment? I'm tryin to save my ropes.

Jimmy

mmandley
05-14-2010, 09:13 AM
I think if i recall the top of the pylon unscrews. Take the top off and measure the inside diameter. Then jsut get a peace of nylon pipe or plastic and cut it to fit. Done.

The flanges are nice but when the pressure is on the rope it really doesn't walk to much.

Just an idea.

pecanflyboy
05-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Right now, there is a piece of PVC installed over the pylon. I was hoping to find a machined delron or nylon that would fit over it.

J

Razzman
05-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Many tower maunfacturers make them. Do an internet search for tower mfgrs and search their sites. Or have a shop machine one out of delrin with a metal sleeve inside so it tightens but still spins.

pecanflyboy
05-17-2010, 10:16 PM
Many tower maunfacturers make them. Do an internet search for tower mfgrs and search their sites. Or have a shop machine one out of delrin with a metal sleeve inside so it tightens but still spins.

Who makes the Moomba towers?