PDA

View Full Version : POLL- How many hours are you hoping for this season?

kaneboats
05-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Time for a new poll. The season has started for many of us or is about to for the rest. So, how many hours do you expect (or hope to) put on your MOOMBA (or Supra) this season?

sandm
05-12-2010, 10:53 AM
checked 75-100. put 85 on the first year and 75 last year, but I really think I'll fall short this year with my sis owning a tooner and my buddie's boomerang has a fly-high pole this year..
not sure how much mine will get out, but it really doesn't matter who's boat I'm on. goal is being on the water :)

zabooda
05-12-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm lucky to get 50 hours. I get my boat dewinterized when the temperatures start getting in the 90s which may be a while this year.

Mikes
05-12-2010, 11:01 AM
We have allready put over 20hrs. on it this year, so 100+ it is.

New Guy
05-12-2010, 11:09 AM
I have 10 on already and that is with Wisconsin weather so I am hoping to have 100+

bbyquist
05-12-2010, 11:10 AM
We did 92 hours in our short 3 month season last year. Hoping for the same this year

jmvotto
05-12-2010, 11:10 AM
more than 10, thats what the crappy weather did to me last year:mad:

98outback
05-12-2010, 11:13 AM
We usually run 150+ every summer. My outback had a ton of hours on it when we sold it. During the summer we go to the lake house every weekend and are on the water saturday and sunday. On the weekends that have a holiday before or after we are there for 3 days with friends and family so the hours add up quick.

kaneboats
05-12-2010, 11:47 AM
I need a lake house. We're 42 min. from the boat ramp. I rarely have takers for weeknight runs. It's usually all day on Sat. and then everybody's too tired to go again on Sun. I wish the Moomba was parked right out the back door.

KG's Supra24
05-12-2010, 11:57 AM
We are def all weekenders and extended weekenders on holiday weekends. Have already put 30+ hours on it. I'll be flying right past 100. First summer with a wakeboat. :) I can't wait.

moombadaze
05-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Hope to hit 20hrs on my weeks vacation alone :D

thesack
05-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Already have put 70 hours on the boat since Super Bowl weekend. I am thinking we will put about 250 hours on the boat this year, since we put a little over 200 on it last year and we didn't start riding til mid way through March then.

gus 08 mobius lsv
05-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Already have put 70 hours on the boat since Super Bowl weekend. I am thinking we will put about 250 hours on the boat this year, since we put a little over 200 on it last year and we didn't start riding til mid way through March then.

holy crap thats some serious boating!! wish i had that kinda time to spend on the lakes

thesack
05-12-2010, 01:51 PM
We are just lucky enough to have jobs that give us the flexibility to go out so much, and for a couple of the guys I ride with girlfriends who are understanding and supportive of them riding. It really doesn't feel like we spend that much time on the water either. Right now we are going out at least once every weekend, and in a few weeks will start hitting the water after work during the week. I think since super bowl weekend we have only missed one weekend out on the water, and I am in Oregon, so we have been blessed with having nice enough weather to ride on weekends so early in the year.

DOCDRS
05-12-2010, 08:11 PM
typically we put 50 hrs a year on. but with surfing and sky skiing i'm thinking at least 75.....i hope

mmandley
05-12-2010, 08:42 PM
We are just lucky enough to have jobs that give us the flexibility to go out so much, and for a couple of the guys I ride with girlfriends who are understanding and supportive of them riding. It really doesn't feel like we spend that much time on the water either. Right now we are going out at least once every weekend, and in a few weeks will start hitting the water after work during the week. I think since super bowl weekend we have only missed one weekend out on the water, and I am in Oregon, so we have been blessed with having nice enough weather to ride on weekends so early in the year.

You must be talking the thurs fri sat sun because dam near every weekend on Sunday Mon Tuesday the weather is dog do do. I have made it out 4 times this year and only 2xs with my boat.

deerfield
05-12-2010, 11:07 PM
holy crap thats some serious boating!! wish i had that kinda time to spend on the lakes

holy crap X 2

viking
05-12-2010, 11:16 PM

All I can say is WOW :-o

yearround
05-12-2010, 11:41 PM
we have had a cold start to summer, snow in the middle of May! but we should still hit 80+ this year. if i can get a Lake Powell trip it will be 100.

we you track everyone's predictions and let have us report what we did or why we did not make it?

RobertJ
05-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Zero hours so far but June, July and August will come on strong. The biggest time will come from being one of 4 boats for my sons high school youth group trip called H2O. 4 days of 80+ high schoolers with two 3 hour sessions of water time per day. We also have quite a bit of camping time lined up that will give us a few hours. We used to anchor and hang out more but as the kids are getting older we run the boat a little more and anchor a little less. We will never give up the floating around time though because it is such a blast to just hang with the family and friends while cooking some brats on the Grillobius.

scoot_gt
05-13-2010, 01:40 PM
maybe 50 - 60.

Even when we do have the boat on the lake, we aren't putting many hours on it. Lot of floating around

I also find my yearly hours coming down but not from lack of being on the boat. I just don't "tour" my lake as often or circle around 10+ times with beginners anymore. We ride almost exclusively in our cove, so no travel time either.

Engine hours does NOT equal hours on the lake :)

That said, I still put up 80-90 with about 80% of those occurring during actual riding!

I need a lake house. I wish the Moomba was parked right out the back door.

Kane - this is the secret to successful boat ownership ;)

Jeff W
05-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Shooting for 100. If we spend 100 hours with the motor running - that is about 400-500 hours on the water for us. We spend a lot of time floating and partying.

phospher
05-13-2010, 04:18 PM
yep, i'm outside Milwaukee Wi and I have 11hrs already.. Should be around 100 for me.

Sled491
05-13-2010, 06:22 PM
We did 35 the first year 40 the second and 75 last year. THe kids are older, the lake house is liveable, and I have a regular group to ski with. Heck my now 10 yr old can be up for 30 minutes at a time, and if all 5 of us surf + my sister in law heck that's a 3 or 5 hr afternoon right there! And keep in mind and Deerfield can vouch for this, my lake is smallish and my ski run is literally right out front. So the hrs on my boat are 90% riding or skiing time.

Plus we push our WI season, last year my boat didn't come out until late October, and was in April.

Big Boss
05-15-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm hoping for 250 this year. We bought our boat new in April of '08, and just hit 450 yesterday, so I think we can do it.

We ride year round, and from April through October we are out at least 3 days per week.

I love calling the service dept and telling them I need a 100 hour service. They always say "you were here a few months ago, but you only need to do this service once per year." They just assume I haven't put many hours on it.

I'm thinking this summer is my year to learn to service the boat myself. I could by a ton of gear for what I've been paying for service.

Aaron

Sled491
05-16-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm hoping for 250 this year. We bought our boat new in April of '08, and just hit 450 yesterday, so I think we can do it.

We ride year round, and from April through October we are out at least 3 days per week.

I love calling the service dept and telling them I need a 100 hour service. They always say "you were here a few months ago, but you only need to do this service once per year." They just assume I haven't put many hours on it.

I'm thinking this summer is my year to learn to service the boat myself. I could by a ton of gear for what I've been paying for service.

Aaron

That's what these forums are for, well kind of. But a ton of step by step service has been posted, some with great pics. Cab has some really good stuff up here, just do a search and read on :)

thesack
05-17-2010, 01:32 PM
You must be talking the thurs fri sat sun because dam near every weekend on Sunday Mon Tuesday the weather is dog do do. I have made it out 4 times this year and only 2xs with my boat.

Yeah I am talking about Fri, Sat mainly. We have made it out on Sundays 3 or 4 times. But that was pretty much before most people even thought about taking there boats out of storage. Sundays have been our day of recovery lately and over summer sundays are skipped due to too many idiots out. Monday evenings are typically a good time to ride. So can't wait for the week day riding to start!

mmandley
05-18-2010, 10:01 AM
We always go out Sundays but we dont go to the river or the local lakes. We travel a little farther for the bigger lakes and bigger water. We dont have to much trouble on Sundays.

Monday and Tuesday is pretty much always Hagg because no one is out on weekdays. Sometimes in the afternoons after 4 or 5 a few boats will show up.

Holler man if you need a 3rd or 4th or something. Ill be happy to grab my gear and meet ya.