PDA

View Full Version : Moomba Banners / Signage/ Lights????

aook23
05-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Just curious if any one has or knows anyone or any place that has
MOOMBA signs or banners or any cool moomba stuff they would wanna sell
for my house and garage... :cool:

Razzman
05-10-2010, 11:14 PM
I've seen stuff on ebay occaisonally otherwise a dealer would probably be your only source.

viking
05-11-2010, 12:40 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tecart-Lighted-Sign-Moomba-Ski-Boats-/270538529049?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item3efd5a5919

This is on ebay right now!! I've seen it on there for quite some time now!

aook23
05-11-2010, 07:29 AM
Yea i saw that on Ebay for a lil while also, I am really looking for the large banner, when we bought the boat I asked our dealer about getting one or me buying one and he was almost offened .... I was not really happy with the reatcion but he tried to explain to me that even the dealer cant obtain them that easily... what he tells me is that they have to order a whoe "advertisment package" which is hundredes of dollars some times up to thousands .. I dunno if i completly belived him fully ... but none the less hard than hell to get some banners .. which kinda doesnt make sense to me:confused: Wouldnt moomba and supra want there customers to freely promote the boats we love and the boats they sell ? just food for thought ..
maybe I am missing some underlying secrect meaning lol

wolfeman131
05-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Wouldnt moomba and supra want there customers to freely promote the boats we love and the boats they sell ? just food for thought ..
maybe I am missing some underlying secrect meaning lol

I'm sure that they would, but it's more difficult than one might think. I work for a mid-size company and part of my responsibilities include the marketing of our products. You might be surprised how expensive stuff like this can be and how quickly it goes.

Just as a simple example, I purchased 1,800 golf shirts to support a new product launch and the total was just over $30,000. Yeah, that's a cheap $16 shirt and they were gone in 60 sec. And the people that didn't get one were ticked off.

I'd rather SC continues to deliver to a quality product at a price that I can afford. Maybe we can get enough people together for a group buy and SC will let their team design a banner and help with the printing.

aook23
05-11-2010, 08:45 AM
You mean like this one ? :D

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3073/p1241356rr3.jpg
By sled491 (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/sled491) at 2009-01-24

I Hate you;)

just kidding ... yea thats pretty much what im lookin for ! hahaha

aook23
05-11-2010, 08:50 AM
good point wolfman, yea i would be interested in doing some sort of group buy... my other thoughts were to get my own banners made but i would like to keep the money going towards moomba, but maybe an option if the buy dosent work out ,, but i really dont wanna have to worry about copyright type stuff either :roll:

gus 08 mobius lsv
05-11-2010, 08:53 AM
You mean like this one ? :D

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3073/p1241356rr3.jpg
By sled491 (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/sled491) at 2009-01-24

sled you know you wanna ship that banner to me... cause it is my exact boat!! i've been looking and even called two dealers asking if they could get that exact banner for me but no luck. i know you guys said at the boat show but hell the ohio boat show didn't even have a moomba dealer there!!

moombadaze
05-11-2010, 08:57 AM
after looking at that banner and knowing Sled has a outback, Im betting that banner is his little reminder that he wants a LSV. Bet he is the 1st to own 2 Moomba's-only way to have the best of both worlds.

btw-clean that garage :D

jmvotto
05-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Sled, Nice....

aook23, take some graphics from the forum and the web and see if a local sign,print shop can make you one. I own a small biz and we ordered a fabric logo sign for , trade shows, fairs, booths etc. and it was close to 300 bucks. I think billboard vinyl is about 500 for production. When the economy goes in the tank so does the soft, fluffy marketing advertising stuff as well.

BTW i doe have some moomba vinly decals you can have for your truck, etc if you pm me your address. they are the oval moomba with wakeboard boats below about 2.5" by 12"

Sled491
05-11-2010, 10:21 AM
I got lucky and found one on Ebay. It sat rolled up for over a year then I finally got around to putting it up. I will gladly trade it for an Outback one :)

Daze if you think that's messy you should see it now. I have a 4 car garage that you can't one car into!

yearround
05-11-2010, 10:22 AM
... i would like to keep the money going towards moomba...

i would not worry about that too much, SC makes boats, not signs. they would simply mark up the sign for a bunch of extra that is not their business plan.

the copyright stuff, that may be something there, but if you are not trying to make a profit with it, then i really doubt they would even consider going after you. maybe one of our attorneys could answer that one? who is going to see the sign anyway, those who go in your garage? or are you going to put it on the side side of your RV at the lake campsite?

daze is right about the marketing costs, i get that with my work stuff too.

Sled491
05-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Maybe you need to go down and take the factory tour, then have your wife or girlfriend distract the tour guide while you slip into the marketing office and grab one :D

aook23
05-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Yea it would prolly end up in the public veiw at one point or another ... camping and what not

Sled491
05-11-2010, 10:35 AM
I can bring my banner to the Wolf river Jamboree if you want :) But I'll need to keep it locked up :D

aook23
05-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Hahaaha I Shall Bring The Bolt Cutters :d

Razzman
05-11-2010, 10:42 AM
the copyright stuff, that may be something there, but if you are not trying to make a profit with it, then i really doubt they would even consider going after you. maybe one of our attorneys could answer that one?

Probably not but they could if they wanted to and would be within their rights. I've dealt with this stuff many times in the past and if it has to do with proprietary property, yup they can.

BUT I can say this. Someone on the Supra forum had the same idea with stickers/decals with SupraForums.com and i said they same thing there. They went to SC on it and now i understand they're getting them made up by SC and will be distributed to forum members. At least that's how the thread lays it out.

We should do the same here, approach SC about some nice vinyl decals for the vehicles/boats or get permission to do so. Just a thought.

Sled491
05-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Great idea Razz!

I'm watching you AOOK :D

KG's Supra24
05-11-2010, 01:59 PM
I love this idea and have been wanting one now for sometime. I emailed the guy who just did my boat decals. He said for a garage type banner you are looking at roughly $4 a sq ft.

He did a good job on my boat and I would be happy to see if he could get a us some sort of group buy price. However, I'd like to hear a little more input on this copyright deal. I just cant imagine SC having that much of an issue with it. Seems like it would be more than they want to deal with as well. The forum decals Razzman is referring to "went to" SC weeks ago and still no word. I completely understand, decals and banners are not their business, sellings boats is. I also know that people can sue for anything and I don't want to hang myself here.

aook23
05-11-2010, 03:04 PM
So im sure im going to regret this but what does SC stand for or what is it .. im guessing the maker of moomba and supra ? Be gentle :confused:

wolfeman131
05-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Skier's Choice - the parent company for Supra and Moomba boats

no worries or regrets, nobody here has all the answers and we quickly ridicule and ban those that think they do

aook23
05-11-2010, 03:22 PM
THANKS MUCH ! no band aid needed :)

Sled491
05-11-2010, 04:16 PM
You know if you make a banner for your garage and keep quiet about it, how are you going to get sued?

aook23
05-11-2010, 04:22 PM
You know if you make a banner for your garage and keep quiet about it, how are you going to get sued?

cause im gonna have it out on camping trips and whatnot so I would rather be safe than sorry i guess...

kaneboats
05-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Skier's Choice - the parent company for Supra and Moomba boats

no worries or regrets, nobody here has all the answers and we quickly ridicule and ban those that think they do

Don't ever be afraid to ask a question around here. Just be prepared for different answers! Oh yeah, we use abbreviations not to be cool but b/c we can't type that well.