PDA

View Full Version : Wolf river Moomba spotting

Sled491
05-10-2010, 05:40 PM
So I was at Freemont this past weekend on the Wolf River for the White Bass run. My family and I were fishing around the Red Banks area. All of a sudden my sons rang out "Hey dad there's a Moomba", I waited for it to get closer and yep there it was, as plain as day, a Blue and White Outback with tower. Looked to be an 06 maybe. Not hard to spot a ski boat when you have a river with hundreds of fishing boats :)

So if you were out give us a "Hey" and let me know if you're part of our community!

Appleknocker
05-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Sled, not surprising you saw a fellow Moomba owner on the water in Freemont as there is a dealer just down river from the Red Banks. This is one of my stomping grounds but sadly enough I was not out this past weekend. Next time you are in Freemont stop in and say hi to Denny Fox, nice guy he sold me my Outback V.

Take care.

aook23
05-10-2010, 09:35 PM
( im not the blue moomba but i am one of them that have been out there makin fisherman grumpy by waving them out of there boats )hahaha thats so funny you say that we were on the river since march 31st ! I first wake boarded the 31st and have been on the fox and WI river 10 times plus.... we need to get little Moomba forum stickers or flags or something to be able to identify each other out on the water !! :D

Sled491
05-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Well very cool. We were in our fishing boat, so no way to tell we were fellow Moombaites. Was funny to see as it was the only tournament boat we sall all weekend except for a BU that was on a lift by the Hwy 10 bridge. Looks like it would be a great area to visit in the summer and stay for a while. Those new Wolf River Condo's look nice :)

New Guy
05-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Hey boys we could have our very own jamboree down there some time. I'm normally up the fox in Wrightstown but I would definitely make a trip over.

Sled491
05-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Heck they have a little stadium set up for our show and everything :)

aook23
05-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Im totally game to get a group of WI Moomba's to get together !

We usually travel to Waupaca (on the chain) Waushara County (long lake)
Appleton (Fox River) ( Waverly beach / Winnebago) Wi Rapids ( wood county park) but more than willing to get to know new lakes and areas .... LETS SET SOMETHING UP AND GET SOME BOATS TOGETHER !!

2007 Outback V
05-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Lets do it!!! I am mostly in Wood County, Lake Camelot. I'm game for a little WI jam!

Sled491
05-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Are we tenting it or condo's. I would have a 2 1/2 hr drive and to be honest I would want to make a weekend out of it. I would probably be bringing a Supra buddy with me who would also be traveling.

aook23
05-11-2010, 07:22 AM
I can check some condo prices if we get a rough estimate on head count and set some dates, My buddy is from Waupaca so he may know some people that we that have lodging availe or at least the best location for a few boats!

You guys just have to decide which water we wanna run,, and honestly I prefer condo or hotel over camping but thats just me :rolleyes:

New Guy
05-11-2010, 09:40 AM
I'd be down for something. Once we get some sort of a idea on dates I could give you guys a answer as to if it would be a weekend or just a one day trip.

Sled491
05-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Lets get this thing rolling then!

I like the wolf river so far

Who ever has the connections go for it, dicount accomodations are always nice. Not sure I'd want to leave my boat in the water overnight though, too much traffic and water stains are a bit#$ to get off.

We will be in Florida for 2 weeks end of june beginning of July for the US TKD Nationals and a Moomba get together but anything after that would be good.

New Guy
05-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Sometime time the beginning / middle of August would work best for me too. I do not have any connections down there at either Fort Fremont or lodging places. So hopefully one of the guys from Appleton can take the reins.

aook23
05-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Im Willing to take the responsiblity for setup and planning if you guys dont mind, I will be the voice of the group and get some rates and options for lodging... I just talked to my buddy and if we get a decent turn out that would prolly be the place to go.. near freemont and run the river and there are some lakes that we can stop at .. lemme kno if there is problem with that area other wise i will start gathering info

Sled491
05-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Those dates work for me also. End of July beginning of August we have the Junior Olympic games so after that first weekend we are golden.

AOOK go for it, maybe send out PM's to those who have shown interest and get a commitment so you have an idea about #'s

2007 Outback V
05-11-2010, 06:40 PM
I vote for Wolf river! August is good for me.

aook23
05-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Tentative dates Aug 6th - 8th lets get some input ?

sled you said the first weekend in Aug will not work is that correct?

Sled491
05-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Right, we will be in West Virginia. Right now those dates posted look good but I have to talk to the boss :D

2007 Outback V
05-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Aug. 6-8th works for me :)

bslide
05-12-2010, 07:14 PM
07 outback v, do you ever go to lake wazeecha? We are camping there in june and aug.

2007 Outback V
05-12-2010, 07:28 PM
07 outback v, do you ever go to lake wazeecha? We are camping there in june and aug.

North east of Nepco lake right? I've never been on the lake. Went to a waterski show there once. Are going there for weekend trips or longer?

bslide
05-12-2010, 07:39 PM
We are going to be there Jun 11-13 and Aug 19-22

studio212
05-13-2010, 02:14 AM
That may have been me in the blue/white Moomba mine is an 07 LSV. Learning to drive it. Just bought it form Fort Fremont. not set up to fish with yet? Denny at the fort thinks it would be a great fishing boat?
Keep it on Poygan. a Moomba run up or down the fox. count me in.
This is our first true wake/ski boat. better then I ever thought. I am done with I/O's.

bslide
05-13-2010, 09:05 AM
studio212 i think i saw your boat when we bought ours from fort fremont. its a very nice looking boat, i really like the blue. i don't know if you saw ours but it was the 05 red, gray, and white xlv.

aook23
05-13-2010, 09:14 AM
Hey studio212, were you happy with you sales deal and overall experiance with Denny ? just curious

Sled491
05-13-2010, 09:23 AM
That may have been me in the blue/white Moomba mine is an 07 LSV. Learning to drive it. Just bought it form Fort Fremont. not set up to fish with yet? Denny at the fort thinks it would be a great fishing boat?
Keep it on Poygan. a Moomba run up or down the fox. count me in.
This is our first true wake/ski boat. better then I ever thought. I am done with I/O's.

No it was definately an Outback. But congrats on the new moomba anyway :) You going to mke it to the get together?

aook23
05-13-2010, 02:35 PM
AUGUST MOOMBA MEET NEAR FREEMONT!!

2 things guys , first and foremost I have done searching on hotels/motels and in freemont and I cant find one that can adequdelty hold our people and vehicles or boats.. so heres some food for thought.. how would you all feel about having a meeting place in between Freemont and Waupaca and then we could spend one day of the weekend at the Waupaca chain which is really nice with food and bars on the water, Also me and Bslide know the water really well. Then we could hit the freemont/ wolf chain the next day ... This would help me get a better hotel situation and make sure we all would fit? Just an idea lemme kno what ya think

And for the 2nd thing... do we want to start a NEW THREAD and title it to match our mission ... maybe drawn in a few more people with the title.. let me know guys .. I am really hope to make this happen cause it will be a great time !!

2007 Outback V
05-13-2010, 03:14 PM
New thread is a good idea. Aook, lead us to a new thread.

I think an estimated head count would help in finding a location to stay/meet. I think we've made a decision on were to boat and the date. So, those who can, lets commit and then work on the details.

Chain of lakes on Aug. 7th and/or 8th..........count me in!!!

Little idea???? Maybe we should all swing by Fort Freemont marine for a little meet and greet, and any freebies they could throw our way :rolleyes:. Would at the least make a good pic for them to post in the dealership. Is anyone from the dealership on the boards?

Sled491
05-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Are they on the water?

Yep I think a head count is necessay and yes a new thread is a good idea.

Not to be a stick but I'm not a fan of moving around I'd like to have a base to work from. But if that is how it is then that is how it is. Just takes away from the night, you know maybe a fire or a booze cruise :)

driven sydeways
05-13-2010, 07:17 PM
the chain and the wolf are great for partying, but what about boarding/surfing/skiing/tubing?

driven sydeways
05-13-2010, 07:24 PM

this one time, at lake wazeecha, i drank way too much tequila.

Sled491
05-13-2010, 09:29 PM
River will be like any other water, you want glass hit it early. Plenty deep enough to form a good wake for surfing.

New Guy
05-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Maybe we could get a banner out of the guys at Fort Fremont! I shouldn't have a problem with that weekend. I will get the crew together to check their dates too.

aook23
05-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Sorry guys i have been busy, Bslide has created the new thread for me and found us a hotel near freemont !

NEW THREAD TITLE : Wolf river get together

Also we need to verify the date because i am pretty sure sled cant do the first weekend wich is the 7th ... so are we doing the 7th or the following weekend the 14th ... SLED we need you input i think they over looked your msg about conflict ... lemme kno

And we need to set a dead line for head count so I can get room rates!!

Adam

Sled491
05-14-2010, 02:22 PM
the 7th will be good. Jumping to new thread

studio212
05-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Did not see your boat. Happy with Fort. Boat runs good. Dan or Denny(Sales). Jeff all nice guys. My boat was not well cared for, and I like to buy new. but for half the price I could not turn it down. I only have 5 hours on it. Still unsure of a used boat. I am sure Fort will work with me on any trouble I have.

Sled491
05-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Did not see your boat. Happy with Fort. Boat runs good. Dan or Denny(Sales). Jeff all nice guys. My boat was not well cared for, and I like to buy new. but for half the price I could not turn it down. I only have 5 hours on it. Still unsure of a used boat. I am sure Fort will work with me on any trouble I have.

So that was your boat I saw? You wouldn't have seen mine as I was in my fishing boat.