PDA

View Full Version : pics & vids so far this year

rc5695
05-10-2010, 12:20 PM
On Lake Keowee, SC: http://sports.webshots.com/album/577620366cGCryx?start=24

Figured I'd post it up for anybody that wants to look...;)

kaneboats
05-10-2010, 01:24 PM
That's a really nice looking lake.

wolfeman131
05-10-2010, 01:27 PM
water looks great.

that gash on the boy's head looks nasty! how did that happen?

WaterBullDawg1980
05-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Nice pics. I always tell people that Lake Keowee is one of the nicest lakes in the South East. Beautiful lake.

SC_LSV
05-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Agreed, I love going to keowee. What's the water temp up there? I haven't made it to Keowee yet this year only Murray.

SC_LSV

Razzman
05-10-2010, 07:23 PM
rc5695, Nice looking Kamberra there! I hate to be a buzkill though but with those litte ones on board i'd for sure put a bimini top on that boat. Skin cancer especially for the fair skinned is no laughing matter!

skiyaker
05-10-2010, 08:10 PM
nice pics and beautiful water. a head gash like that is the reason I now keep a skin stapler on my boat!

rc5695
05-11-2010, 12:14 PM
water looks great.

that gash on the boy's head looks nasty! how did that happen?

He made a small wake jump (still learning) and nosed the board into the water. When I got back to him, he still had the board on his feet, and didn't even know he was bleeding! Never got a big knot on his head or nothing. We actually played the rest of hte day and I didn't take him until the ER until around 7 that night. happened around 1:30-2:00. We just had him hold an icepack in a T-shirt on it and keep it dry. Ended up with 3 staples. He's the oldest, and he's very tough, unlike many of the rest of us :rolleyes:

rc5695
05-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Agreed, I love going to keowee. What's the water temp up there? I haven't made it to Keowee yet this year only Murray.

SC_LSV

We're on Keowee all the time, don't go anywhere else really. We just love it. Not much to worry about hitting something, clear water, warm water, beautiful! I think the water temps is aroiund 75 now. We were swimming last weekend, adn it wasn't bad. Doesn't take your breathe away to jump in anymore ;)

rc5695
05-11-2010, 12:18 PM
rc5695, Nice looking Kamberra there! I hate to be a buzkill though but with those litte ones on board i'd for sure put a bimini top on that boat. Skin cancer especially for the fair skinned is no laughing matter!

Yeah, I know. This year we made the investment on the boat, and had soem other very expensive problems right now. Bimini will DEFINITELY come with next year's tax money, if not sooner. Thanks for caring!

rc5695
05-11-2010, 12:19 PM
nice pics and beautiful water. a head gash like that is the reason I now keep a skin stapler on my boat!

that's a good idea, especially with my crew (5 sons, 2 daughters)! What do you keep onboard for sterilization?

skiyaker
05-11-2010, 05:26 PM
I have a skin cleanser call Shur-Clens and a few small vials of sterile saline. if you know anyone in the medical field they can get it for you pretty easily- if not a mild liquid soap with plenty of rinse would work; make sure your tetanus shot is up to date!

Sled491
05-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Ouch on the bump:( Looks like all had a good time. Great to see.

I could never figure out why some people feel they need to sell there boat when they have kids? We've always had a boat since I was born. Now with my family, its just good clean fun and a great way to stay involved with your kids.

kaneboats
05-12-2010, 09:54 AM
That first year with an infant (especially the first one) can be tricky and the wife is usually scared to leave the house at all. Plus, the infant life vests aren't all that comfortable. But, it only gets better from there. It really is a temporary situation.

rc5695
05-12-2010, 12:10 PM
I could never figure out why some people feel they need to sell there boat when they have kids? We've always had a boat since I was born. Now with my family, its just good clean fun and a great way to stay involved with your kids. Me either. GREAT family activity!!! My wife wasn't on a lake until she met me, and we had our first son out there before he was a couple weeks old! I lived on a lake my whole life, until I had to move out on my own ! lol. We lived a couple minutes from the launch until we moved here to SC, and now we're 35 minutes away. Tell ya what, it is HARD having ot trailer a boat like that after living your whole life being able to just walk down and drop the hoist...

Sled491
05-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Rc all things in time, all things in time :)

I have a pic somewhere of my 1st son maybe 6wks old in our old Nitro in March, and we live in Wisconsin!!

rc5695
05-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Rc all things in time, all things in time :)

I have a pic somewhere of my 1st son maybe 6wks old in our old Nitro in March, and we live in Wisconsin!!

Definilty early for Wisconsin! I just picked up my Moomba from Lauderdale Lakes Marina and there were still guys ice fishing in March, and this is on the Chicago border!

My 1st 3 were all summer babies, so it wasn't a big deal. the last 4 have been born in Jan. & Feb., so they have to wait a little while, but not too long now that we're in the sunny south ;)

JesseC
05-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Excellent pics!!! I can not wait to get out on the water.

As to the head gash, put all of those kids in helmets!!! It would suprise you how many people crash wakeboarding and get hit by the board. Behind my boat NOBODY wakeboards or Knee boards without a helmet. I did a wake jump a couple yares back and cased the other wake on the knee board and the nose smahed me in the head and left a huge goose egg!!

Sled491
05-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Definilty early for Wisconsin! I just picked up my Moomba from Lauderdale Lakes Marina and there were still guys ice fishing in March, and this is on the Chicago border!

My 1st 3 were all summer babies, so it wasn't a big deal. the last 4 have been born in Jan. & Feb., so they have to wait a little while, but not too long now that we're in the sunny south ;)

Hey I bought my boat from Lauderdale, so did Deerfield, small world. The kid I'm talking about my 10 yr old was born in Jan.

rc5695
05-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Excellent pics!!! I can not wait to get out on the water.

As to the head gash, put all of those kids in helmets!!! It would suprise you how many people crash wakeboarding and get hit by the board. Behind my boat NOBODY wakeboards or Knee boards without a helmet. I did a wake jump a couple yares back and cased the other wake on the knee board and the nose smahed me in the head and left a huge goose egg!!

Thanks, and good idea on the helmet.

rc5695
05-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Hey I bought my boat from Lauderdale, so did Deerfield, small world. The kid I'm talking about my 10 yr old was born in Jan.

Cool. I dealt with Don Schnurr. He was great to deal with. I've been very happy with Lauderdale Lakes.

I just drove up there this year and picked up my boat...back in mid-March. I spent 30 hours on the road in 3 days :rolleyes: Probably should just kept looking for something closer...just hard to find a decent V-drive under $19k...

viking
05-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks, and good idea on the helmet.

I never did use helmets for any water sports. Never grew up using them. But now we make our kids wear them when riding bikes (never heard of that when I was young either). So I picked up a couple Pro-Tec helmets on sale for $30-35 each on Amazon.com. I'm going to start using them as well! Better safe than sorry :)

JesseC
05-17-2010, 02:00 PM
I never did use helmets for any water sports. Never grew up using them. But now we make our kids wear them when riding bikes (never heard of that when I was young either). So I picked up a couple Pro-Tec helmets on sale for $30-35 each on Amazon.com. I'm going to start using them as well! Better safe than sorry :)

Good idea. I like to use them, you never know what is floating in the water! We have used them for about three years now and have not had any issues with using them.