PDA

View Full Version : New Board: Faction 138

02Outback
05-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Anybody using this board? Thoughts and opinions? I am looking at picking this up this week.

I am a intermediate rider and I am currently riding an older Parks board, 138 stage 3 rocker. Not sure on specifics since it came with the purchase of the boat. I like the board but I want something new and different.

Anyways, this new faction board has caught my eye and I wanted to try it out but wanted to hear a few opinions first.

Thanks

http://www.boardstop.com/product_info.php?products_id=4162

Jeff W
05-10-2010, 09:51 AM
The Faction is a great all around board. Everyone I know that has it, loves it.

sailing217
05-11-2010, 08:48 AM
I have a 08' model and don't like it. I rode a few ronix and like them more, I got a cheap J-Star and really like it more than the faction. My favorite boards are the slingshot. So out of a dozen boards, the faction is my least favorite. It's heavy, too wide, and landings are not as soft as slingshot/ronix/jstar LF flex board.

Just my opinion. The 10' model is different and better from what I hear. I really want to try their new boots as I hear they are super light. Demo if you can. My whole crew has migrated from ronix/LF to slingshot.

02Outback
05-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Thank you for the input! I will try and demo this board before I buy it. Hard to find a place that carries it. Sun & Ski and M2 Sports here in Houston don't carry it.

walb0244
05-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Where do you find places that let you demo boards? I'm trying to find a place that will let me demo the board around here in Indiana.

mmandley
05-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Where do you find places that let you demo boards? I'm trying to find a place that will let me demo the board around here in Indiana.

Most board shops will let you Demo which really means Buy the board and try it out. You can return it undamaged if you don't like it within so many days.

walb0244
05-17-2010, 02:45 PM
I have called some dealers around my area and none of them carry the board I want and then they say they don't do demos either. So having alittle bit of a hard time. I would even be willing to do this deal with someone online. I'm just worried bindings might not fit right or the board may be too fast or too much for me. Anyone know of a place online that would let me do this maybe?

Jeff W
05-17-2010, 05:33 PM
I have called some dealers around my area and none of them carry the board I want and then they say they don't do demos either. So having alittle bit of a hard time. I would even be willing to do this deal with someone online. I'm just worried bindings might not fit right or the board may be too fast or too much for me. Anyone know of a place online that would let me do this maybe?

Shipping on a board is like $40 each way.

Tell me your skill/experience level and what board and if you're advanced enough to have a "style" - what is your style. I'll let ya know if I think it's a match. That's the best you can do.

I always live by the rule that unless you are pro level - when you buy a new board you simply LEARN how to ride it.

02Outback
05-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Jeff, I have the same boat as you (02 Outback LS) and I am currently riding an older Parks board and I don't like it much. I'm not a pro by any means, but I can clear the wake.

Is this CWB Faction 138 a good fit for me?

My roommate just got a 2007 Hyperlite State 135 for cheap and I am going to ride that soon and see how it feels but I really want to try that Faction board.

Thoughts?

Jeff W
05-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Jeff, I have the same boat as you (02 Outback LS) and I am currently riding an older Parks board and I don't like it much. I'm not a pro by any means, but I can clear the wake.

Is this CWB Faction 138 a good fit for me?

My roommate just got a 2007 Hyperlite State 135 for cheap and I am going to ride that soon and see how it feels but I really want to try that Faction board.

Thoughts?

Dude you'll be so stoked on the newer faction compared to the old Parks and and even the State. The State is a pretty basic board. Beginner/Intermediate level board. If he rides for a full summer - he'll be better than his board by the end of the summer.

The Faction will be a sick upgrade. That Parks you have is a TANK compared to the newer boards. My buddy has like an 05' or so Parks and I rode it last fall. I was AMAZED how heavy it was. It didn't have much "pop" either - just a smooth cut across the wake.

Go for it man. If you're an "advanced beginner" like it sounds like - you're not at a place where a new board will throw off your riding. You'll simply "learn" to ride on your new board. After a guys been riding for 10 years or something - a change in board could be good or bad. At this point - a new board for you will be all positive and you'll simple advance WITH the board.

Get the Faction. They are nice boards. I ride it's bigger brother the Transcend and couldn't be happier. CWB is dopeshow.