PDA

View Full Version : -4 rewinterize

DOCDRS
05-09-2010, 12:44 AM
after 4 weeks i had too winterize my boat :( ....1 hour of pain worth a peace of mind.....-4 was just too risky for me

mmandley
05-09-2010, 09:06 AM
after 4 weeks i had too winterize my boat :( ....1 hour of pain worth a peace of mind.....-4 was just too risky for me

Dam Doc sorry to hear about that. I think was just a few weeks ago you posted how nice it was to pull her out.

Were not getting the best weather eighter this year. Last year i had almost 15 hrs on the boat. This year i think we have 2 engine hours.

04OUTBACK
05-09-2010, 09:10 AM
SNow here this am..but it is hovering around 34-36.. not worried..

But that stinks to have to worry about that in MAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mikey
05-09-2010, 04:02 PM
I dewinterized my boat 2 weeks ago during a nice warm sat afternoon. Hooked up water and flushed system out and ran the motor to check connections etc. Installed and tryed out my new Polk speakers and thought all was good,till about 9pm that night Then wam Snowing like crazy.I couldn't stand it watching this so i had to run out and crawl under the tarp during a mini blizzard and take out the plugs on the motor block and drain that at the very least or else i never would have slept that night. Now just waiting till i'm truely ready to use before it goes back together .

Membrain
05-09-2010, 07:28 PM
It's global warming...I'm telling ya! Where's Al Gore anyway!

It's colder than normal her in TX too! It sucks if you want out on the lake, but it's pretty darn nice if you are racing cross country (Dirt Bikes!!!). I"ll take one more cool weekend this next weekend!!!

jester
05-09-2010, 07:36 PM
That sucks. Guess you need to break out the snow skies again. I was watching the weather and last year in Oregon we had 8 days of over 70* and 2 of the days where over 80*. This year we have 2 days over 70.

Membrain, Remember Al Gore and his band that can't shoot stright where proved wrong on global warming so they changed the name to climent shift. Wait don't we have 4 major changes to the weather a year.

Mikey
05-10-2010, 08:30 PM
4 changes??? We have 2 . snow and no snow.HAHA

kaneboats
05-11-2010, 09:02 AM
We have 2 as well. It stops getting hot for a while then it starts getting hot again.

brenpire
05-13-2010, 09:29 AM
Thats why I always wait until May 24th weekend. You just never know. Uaually the water is way to cold anyway.