PDA

View Full Version : lift

studio212
05-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know of the best way to support an LSV on a lift? how many bunks and good placement?
My lift has two bunks that were put in like the trailer. my concern is are they long enough? they are about 6 inches form the transom of the boat. should I get longer bunks? will I mess up the hull? the lift guy I used said they are fine? but I am not so sure?
Thank you for any help

jimlsv
05-08-2010, 06:16 PM
My 2006 LSV has been on lift since day 1. When i built boathouse and lift I had a smaller Mastercraft. I was also concerned, the lift salesman told me i did not need to worry. I have 2 bunks from center to center about 28 inche apart. I have about 22 inches of hull on transom to start of bunks, have not had any problem or complaints. Just make sure your brass water pickup on hull is not sitting on bunk.

jimlsv
05-09-2010, 09:23 AM
CORRECTION. The dimentions i gave you were the measurements for our fishing boat lift.The lsv are about 4 foot spread at rear, and about 3 foot at front. IT sits flat on hull contours.The bunks are 2 foot from trasom, and measure 14 feet long.Are bunks are made of aluminum are 4 inches wide, and have thick rubber pad to cver.

zegm
05-10-2010, 07:10 AM
I have always been told to make sure the transom had bunks under it but I believe this was because the guy telling me this was talking about my outboard. Our lift is pretty much just a couple of parrallel rubber covered wood bunks but they do cover the transom.

studio212
05-16-2010, 02:29 AM
Thanks did not think about the intakes. they are just a few inches away from bunks. Anyone from Moomba look at these boards? does anyone know someone at Moomba to call?

dtlaine
05-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Watch out for the paddle wheel, too. I had the bunk up against it, and it bent the plastic, which stopped the wheel from turning.