PDA

View Full Version : jeffrogge

deerfield
05-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Did not want to hijack viking's weather thread, so started this one after noticing that you are in Wyoming.

My wife and I are thinking about places to relocate from the Midwest after our youngest is out of high school next year. We are killed by state income, real estate, general sales, and gas taxes living in a suburb north of Chicago. Wyoming and eight other states that are taxpayer friendly are on the list. If Wyoming, we would buy a house in Cheyenne or Laramie. This would put me close enough to Denver airport and direct flights on Frontier Airline for the regular commute to D.C. It would put us close to the Rocky Mountains (think Beaver Creek) we love. Most of all, instead of forking over money to the taxing authorities we could make our own deciusion how to spend our money. Looks like Wyoming has a good credit rating, adequately funded its public emplyee pension funds, and a conservative congressional delegation.

So, where do you boat and how long (or short) is your season? What do you like most and least about Wyoming? Sure would appreciate your insights. Looks like a pretty cool state. No crowd, lots of room, well managed, and affordable. Thanks. - Deerfield

jeffrogge
05-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Man that is scary to have a thread named after me, I thought I had made everyone mad and it was a group hating me hehe. Man I started writing this and it turned into an a book so I am going to send you a private message.

deerfield
05-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Nope. All good. Just did not want to hijack a thread. At the same time, did not want to miss your insights. Look forward to the PM. Thanks!

jeffrogge
05-07-2010, 11:43 PM
Maybe I am the first to have a thread with my name?

Razzman
05-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Maybe I am the first to have a thread with my name?

Don't let go to your head! :p

viking
05-08-2010, 12:40 AM
OK - let's start hating on him :D
JK

yearround
05-08-2010, 01:16 AM
usually get a thread on your birthday, otherwise, i think wyoming is windy

Canuckle Head
05-08-2010, 01:30 AM
If you're a Blackhawks fan I'm not liking you too much! ;-)

Things ain't looking good for the Canucks..........

jeffrogge
05-08-2010, 09:33 AM
usually get a thread on your birthday, otherwise, i think wyoming is windy

I definitely mentioned the wind in the PM, I live in Sheridan where the wind isn't bad, but it is terrible in Cheyenne. I lived in Cheyenne for a little over a year and the first day I took a pic of myself in the wind to send to my friends. It is honestly like this most days.

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/4/S/70000002c9cc364/1/0/Udf1yO3v4j9DKr1q6LGBq4qfl3qofYfB.jpg (http://www.slide.com/s/pBeSInyV2z_mV1Qv9NQZaSVD7dTwnCcD?referrer=hlnk)