PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Weather

viking
05-07-2010, 12:39 AM
So I pulled the boat out of storage around the first of April to finish all my upgrades and get her summerized. We've had Rain and Wind for 4 straight weeks. And when I say wind, I really mean gale force 50-60mph, blow your F*%&$@g house down wind!

And today this is what it was doing all day :(

Can't a guy just get a break? Enough already!!

zegm
05-07-2010, 09:24 AM
I know how you feel, we put the boat in 3 weeks ago. Got her sitting in the lift in the back yard and that is where she has sat since the day we put her in. Nothing but high winds and rain every weekend! Then this week we get a terrible rain storm. Now I am looking at my boat sitting high in a dock in what looks like the middle of the lake. So much rain Tuesday the lake flooded and came halfway up my back yard! To make matters worse I forgot to get one of my kayaks up to higher ground. This morning I am about to get in another kayak and go kayak hunting but with the rednecks we have around here I am sure in is now sitting in front of someones trailer home. :evil:

squeeg333
05-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Viking, I feel your pain!! Being in the same general area, I think we're picking up the same weather. I pulled my boat out this past weekend, was able to do a little work on Sunday, and then that friggen windstorm came in, and then the rain... I just can't catch a break!!! Not to mention the temps are back down to freezing at night, so, that doesn't help the water temps at all!! Someday, soon, I'm hoping we'll catch a break.
The bright spot is the rain washed a bunch of the dust off of my tower...

Jeff W
05-07-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm in the same "boat" here in Minneapolis.. I missed the first 3 weeks of April with a bunch of mods and it's been shit weather since I've had it unwinterized and legit ready to rock.

bbyquist
05-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Hey squeeg333, I'm in spokane too. It's seems like this terrible weather will never end. I mean come on, I went skiing last Sunday at Mt. Spokane on new, albeit sloppy snow...

viking
05-07-2010, 07:05 PM
I am so "jonesin" to get out on the water. This is killing me. And I haven't even been able to work on it outside.......:( Come on mother nature!! Please!

moombabound
05-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Directly to your north, the Albertan's can really chime in on this. We're still waiting for the last of the snow to melt, after the blast we received across the province last week. We had a big time 3-day teaser just prior to that. But overnight low tonight is below freezing. Season is short enough up here...this is really causing some scowls.

Canuckle Head
05-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Hasn't been much better here on the West Coast either. (no snow but lots of wind and rain) It's nice and sunny today and the weekend looks really good but I'm in a Halibut fishing derby so no Moomba for me. Oh well, hopefully I'll get to bonk a few flatties on the melon instead! :D

jeffrogge
05-07-2010, 07:50 PM
6 inches of snow yesterday

zegm
05-07-2010, 10:40 PM
Ok you guys have me beat, yes it has been cooler than normal here but can't say we had any snow lately.
I did see 4 alligators this morning while hunting for my missing kayak. Three little ones and one big one I mistook for the missing green kayak until I got a little closer, too close as it was BIG!

BensonWdby
05-08-2010, 01:06 AM
Jeff - you guys are nuts.. I am a die hard but the weather her the last week or so has really dampened my spirits. They are talking snow tonight... And the wind has been nuts.... Certainly not slalom weather..

jmvotto
05-08-2010, 06:48 AM
I am so "jonesin" to get out on the water. This is killing me. And I haven't even been able to work on it outside.......:( Come on mother nature!! Please!

Viking same crap here. able to do mow the lawn before the snow flies tomorrow:eek: Need a couple hours out in the boat to do the stereo mod, but with the rain i have to figure out how to get half of it in the garage to work in dry space.

Docks went in three weeks ago, lift is next weekend rain or shine at the lake house, I can't take another summer like last year, wind and rain every weekend it seemed.

Where are those May flowers anyways.

newty
05-08-2010, 09:06 AM
Viking good weather coming your way!
71 here yesterday and 74 today.
Got to take a little spin in my buddies obv yesterday and have a few beers in the sun. Sure was nice to get out, even if it was only for a couple hours.

mmandley
05-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Got to take a little spin in my buddies obv yesterday and have a few beers in the sun. Sure was nice to get out, even if it was only for a couple hours.

TISK TISK your once again on my hate list LOL. This time of year for some reason the nice weather is all week while i work. I goto the gym on my first break and play V Ball in the sand on my last break to enjoy the weather. Then come Sun Mon Tues the weather goes to crap. My yard looks like hell because after working 13 hours im not about to push a mower threw my 1/4 acre yard LOL.

You going out today Newt? We are going to try for tomorrow i think. Itching to pull with the new truck :D

viking
05-08-2010, 11:21 AM

Woo Hoo! Maybe I'll get all the items buttoned up so i can take the 2010 maiden voyage later in the week or next weekend. Lord knows I'm ready :rolleyes: I can actually see the sun this morning

gus 08 mobius lsv
05-08-2010, 11:21 AM
sounds like i shouldn't complain about the ohio weather then... it was 83 yesterday and wanted to get out today but high winds and rain and to set it off it was 38 when i woke up. but i gotta thank all you guys talking about the drysuits cause thanks to that i've been in the water 3 times already and got an early start to my wakeboarding season! water temp here is bout 62 but the weather is so screwed up.

newty
05-08-2010, 01:25 PM
I work days today through monday!:mad: So no not so much.

KurtL
05-09-2010, 12:19 AM
My Montana Moomba brother, I feel your pain as well. It was 22F this morning at the lake place. Snow was falling but not sticking 4 pm this afternoon. Come on already! Hopefully she'll turn fast.

AaronWhitt82
05-10-2010, 09:52 PM
I got the Boat out of storage last Tuesday and before I got it out the Weather was perfect.... Now after I get it out the Weather has turned to horseshi*. Frost over the Weekend and only high's near 60 the past few days.
Now the weathermen just predicted anywhere from 3-6" of rain from tonight through Thursday. I'm sure the local river will be flooded for a while now.
Next week it's supposed to be up near 80 and sunny all week and I probably won't be able to use the boat !!!!!!!

squeeg333
05-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Bby, you went up to Mt Spokandy 2 weeks ago? For reals? I know there's snow up there, but man, that's dedication. Though, I guess since we can't really do much with our boats right now, there's gotta be something we can do to pass the time. And I don't want to hit the bottle, at least, not that hard!

I was finally able to get the boat fully open, and fire it up this weekend. Smoked the neighborhood out with the fogging oil burn, but she ran well. Only a minor leak at the intake hose to the water pump. I think I just didn't tighten the hose enough. I'll fix that this weekend. Felt a LOT better getting it up to temp, especially after doing my own winterization!!!

Now, all I gotta do is wax, clean the vinyl, finish some stereo mods, dual battery..... etc etc. I sure hope the weather stays nice!!

papou
05-11-2010, 11:35 AM
a very disappointing mothers day morning for me, it was raining when i went to bed 3 inches of snow in the morning. (no damage done)

Bye the way this is a great forum learning lots for my new to me outback ls

kaneboats
05-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Here's why I moved here:

Next 7 days = 87, 87, 89, 89, 89, 87, 85 partly cloudy every day- no rain till next week on Tues.

You'd think I'd be a better skier, wakeboarder, surfer.

wolfeman131
05-11-2010, 03:43 PM
that's one crazy pic.

mine almost looked like that but it was yellow pine pollen, not snow!

Sled491
05-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Suckin' the big one here in WI as well :(

viking
05-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Maybe this just means boating season will go well into November/December this year? 1 can only hope :rolleyes:

squeeg333
05-11-2010, 11:54 PM
One can dream, for sure... though, I don't know if I'll hold me breath on that one!!!

moombabound
05-12-2010, 01:01 AM
Alas!! Got after it tonight. Water temp 57; air 69. Did two long skiis. Just awaiting to see how much soreness sets in tomorrow.

Sled491
05-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Maybe this just means boating season will go well into November/December this year? 1 can only hope :rolleyes:

Hey I was skiing November last year!

BensonWdby
05-12-2010, 06:06 PM
I think we are just paying the price for a super March... We gots to hit the average year-after-year...

jmvotto
05-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Just blame it on the rain:mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwrL9MV6jSk

mmandley
05-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Just blame it on the rain:mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwrL9MV6jSk

i think i felt my coffee come back up...

jmvotto
05-13-2010, 09:12 AM
exactly how i feel about this weather. sorry it was cheesy but i made myself laugh and almost puke at the same time.:p

Post some pics of the exile install on your buddies boat.

Sled491
05-13-2010, 09:16 AM
OMG won't this rain ever stop !!!

viking
05-13-2010, 04:48 PM
OMG won't this rain ever stop !!!

Hey sled,
I think a repreive is coming. Sunny and 60 2day and looks 2 be 70s over the weekend! Damn was it wet last couple days though. Gotta go dry my boat out 2nite!

Sled491
05-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Yeah, my boat is normally on a lift under a canopy, but it's still sitting in the driveway right now with the factory covery on. Every day I have to sweep like 5 gallons of water off it. It's supposed to get really bad tonight and then start to get better. I'm busy saturday but hopefully I can get the boat on the lift Sunday.