PDA

View Full Version : Swivel jack replacement recommendations?

csm
05-06-2010, 03:20 PM
I just recently started putting my single axle in the garage, and while it moves pretty easily when the swivel wheel is pointed the right way, getting the wheel to point the other way is really hard. I'm okay with that, but when i try to get the wheel to face the right way, the jack flexes really bad, to the point where I started getting a little nervous.

Has anyone replaced theirs with a higher quality jack, and is it worth the change? Or are they all pretty similar and I should just leave the original on there?

Razzman
05-06-2010, 03:32 PM
There's a few guys on here that have replaced with the Fulton double wheel jack. It's big, it's beefy and i seriously doubt that monster would flex. I do recall they had to have an adapter or something for the Boatmate trailer but they can chime in.

mnpracing
05-06-2010, 05:29 PM
I bought a Fulton dual wheel 2000# jack at Northern Tool that bolted right up. It does roll much better than the stock single wheel, but I crank it down pretty far before pushing the trailer around. I'm still nervous that there is just the one bolt holding it on the trailer.

wolfeman131
05-06-2010, 05:41 PM
There's a few guys on here that have replaced with the Fulton double wheel jack. It's big, it's beefy and i seriously doubt that monster would flex. I do recall they had to have an adapter or something for the Boatmate trailer but they can chime in.

here is some info

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10004&highlight=jack

Ian Brantford
05-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Can anyone recommend a jack for the dual axle trailer that goes higher than the stock one? This trailer came with my 2005 XLV. It's just an inch short for easily getting my hitch under it, now that I got a riser to keep the trailer level.

jasonba1
05-06-2010, 06:30 PM
fulton f2 jack is the only jack I would reccomened so much eaiser to mover around and alot easier to crank up and down

zabooda
05-06-2010, 07:57 PM
I went and got a Fulton at the local farm supply store. My jack is held on by a slip ring and I removed the ring, tossed the bolt-on bracket and mounted it on the trailer.

csm
05-06-2010, 10:48 PM
How does the Fulton F2 dual wheel jack mount on a single axle Boatmate trailer? Is it just one bolt in the middle like the current jack, or do you have to get an adapter, since it looks like this mounts with 4 bolts? If it comes with U-bolts to go around the trailer, is that secure enough to use?

WaterBullDawg1980
05-06-2010, 11:16 PM
I purchased a FUlton F2 Dual Wheel model. I believe this is what you are referring to.

It was simple. Well kinda. The brackets it came with were junk, I had to install a new mounting plate on my trailer and got it welded on. That sucker is not moving anywhere, i can assure ya. Took it to a local fella and he did the whole job in about 30 minutes and charged me 30 bones.

Moves muuuuch better now....

brain_rinse
05-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Got any pics?

csm
05-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Is this the mounting plate you got?

http://www.etrailer.com/p-F092806100.html

WaterBullDawg1980
05-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Got any pics?

I will take a few this weekend when I get back up to the boat. I keep it in dry storage 1/4 mile from the water during the season.

WaterBullDawg1980
05-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Is this the mounting plate you got?

http://www.etrailer.com/p-F092806100.html

The mounting plate came with the welding job.

I took it to a local trailer and hitch store and they said it would need a mounting plate since it the part on the Fulton Jack was actually larger than the mounting plate that is on my Boatmate trailer now. They suggested I go to a local guy who ran a metal fabrication/welding/hot rod/ etc etc business. He had a 1/4 inch plate that he cut to the correct size and then welded it on my trailer.

I swear I looked for that plate and couldn't find it! But I am glad I went to him. I like to support smaller business owners as much as I can, and besides that, his told some entertaining stories and let me piddle around his shop while he did his work. :)

Aquaholic
05-07-2010, 09:41 PM
I too have an XLV and I use a block of wood under the jack to help with my need for additional height. Its a one foot 2x10. A simple and free solution.

Aqua

WaterBullDawg1980
05-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Here are a few of pics of mine....

Notice still need to paint it blue. I'll be doing that this weekend.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_F3QBM18Ceow/S-1syIe7LkI/AAAAAAAAADc/MhDlxZeh0rY/s128/f2.JPG

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_F3QBM18Ceow/S-1sx8uP_mI/AAAAAAAAADY/PLA9cAtGMBY/s128/F2%20WIDE.jpg

csm
05-14-2010, 02:40 PM
That looks sweet. Even w/o paint, that looks really clean.

JesseC
05-14-2010, 04:03 PM
I bought a Fulton dual wheel 2000# jack at Northern Tool that bolted right up. It does roll much better than the stock single wheel, but I crank it down pretty far before pushing the trailer around. I'm still nervous that there is just the one bolt holding it on the trailer.

Do you have a link or part number on the one that you got to bolt right up. I need to change mine pretty soon.

WaterBullDawg1980
05-17-2010, 01:14 PM
Appreciate that csm. The pics in my profile will come up larger so you can really take a look. Can't wait to get up there and paint it though. Really more for the protection against rust more than anything.

csm
05-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Jesse - Check out this link: http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777290&highlight=fulton+jack

Looks like this guy found someone that makes an adapter that goes on w/o welding. He has a dual axle Boatmate, but it looks like it would work for single axles as well. I'm not sure what the cost is, but looks like a good alternative to welding.

viking
05-20-2010, 11:46 PM
csm,
Nice find there! I might consider an upgrade to the dual wheel fulton as well. This would make for an easy install :)

gus 08 mobius lsv
05-25-2010, 11:16 AM
i've had the fulton jack now for 2 weeks deciding if i wanted to weld a plate on and burn the paint thats there or what to do and i seen that link and i have a plate coming should be here this week so i'll keep ya post for anyone looking to use the plate adapter so there is no need to weld.

sandm
05-25-2010, 12:07 PM
how much was the plate?

gus 08 mobius lsv
05-25-2010, 12:17 PM
how much was the plate?

i was in the truck driving when he called me back so i didn't write it down but i wanna say like 32 plus shipping