PDA

View Full Version : Nose crack

csm
05-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Luckily not mine.. I was trying to get a little air last night, and the board shot out from under me and slammed into the boat. It's got a decent sized crack now in the nose.

Any tips on how I could repair this? It's a Walzer Alpha board, which is a little fragile. Is there some type of sealant that hardens?

Razzman
05-06-2010, 10:14 AM
I would say epoxy would be the repair of choice. My Shredd Stixx was backed into and hit by the swim platform (No i didn't do it) while leaning ahainst the wall and cracked about 6" down from the nose tip. Epoxy fixed it just fine and still going strong two years later. It will not match however and that you'll have to live with.

csm
05-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Thanks Razz, I'm not concerned w/ the looks necessarily, so that sounds like that'll work for me.

Wondering if I should throw a nose guard on there. Does anyone use one and does it actually do any good?

Razzman
05-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Mine has one on it and it does help. Mine is installed so that it's not full against the board, there's actually about a 1/2" of slack for it to absorb a hit.

04OUTBACK
05-08-2010, 10:01 AM
I fixed a ding in my LF Venture with epoxy.. it was on the side and I dremeled it out and built it up with Epoxy, then sanded it back flat. works great. i painted over to "TRY" to match"
worked great.. '
most important thing is you want to seal it so water does not keep getting in

spoon03
06-02-2010, 09:06 AM
I fixed a CWB ride with Marine-tex epoxy. Comes in white or grey.

deerfield
06-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Luckily not mine.. I was trying to get a little air last night, and the board shot out from under me and slammed into the boat. It's got a decent sized crack now in the nose.

Any tips on how I could repair this? It's a Walzer Alpha board, which is a little fragile. Is there some type of sealant that hardens?

Okay, so I'm not a wake boarder and, therefore, maybe I'm missing something here. Assuming you are riding a 75 foot line, how can your board possibly hit the boat when you get some air?

danimal365
06-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Surfboard Deerfield... hitting the boat on a wakeboard would have to be some kind of record