PDA

View Full Version : perfect pass and depthfinder issues

LyndonH Dubai
05-05-2010, 06:30 AM
guys
right, a few issues
i know I have reported before that I have had a few issues with bleeping from my perfect pass Wakeboard pro on my 04 XLV Grav Games Edition
whilst i am trying to resolve this, i am also maybe considering going to upgrade to Stargazer and also need a depth finder on my boat.
with me having the existing perfect pass, what is the best option for me? is it simply a question of buying stargazer? is this a completely seperat box from PP? how does it get fixed and will this include a depth finder option, or is there a lot of work i have to do to the boat to sort this?

i was thinking of the hawkeye or humminbird depthfinder as per a few of your previous advice replies (thanks again for those!), but if i can sort my PP or upgrade etc and get a better product it may be worth it?

please help me! im still much of a newbie!

Cheers!

tazz3069
05-05-2010, 08:31 AM
I will call or email Perfect Pass. They have great customer service there. I have the Star Gazer in my boat and love it. As for the Depth finder, either one of those will work. Just a little FYI. If and when you get the depth finder, use and epoxy to glue down the puck. Mine came loose and I use a marine clear silicone. It did not work. It could not read the depth. I cleaned it off and used a 5 min epoxy. Now it works great. Good luck with the install and keep us in the loop.

Tazz

mmandley
05-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Also with the Depth finder depending on the option you want on it depends if its a glue in or a cut a hole in your boat threw hull.

I have the Hawkeye because i wanted a water and air temp along with my depth. It required drilling a hole in the boat. I have a thread stickied in the how to section for pictures and details.

LyndonH Dubai
05-06-2010, 12:48 AM
guys, thanks both for the advice
i think i will proceed with the hawkeye in hull options.
wouldnt trust myself to drill through the hull, im bad enough with simple errors with boats as it is
also, with regards to the stargazer, i have emailed perfect pass and they think my existing wakeboard pro module has failed. if i upgrade to the stargazer, do i need the initial pro working, or is it a complete replacement box and a simple plug and play?