PDA

View Full Version : Painting old wakeboard?

02Outback
05-04-2010, 09:54 PM
I've seen a few before but never in person, only online. Anybody here ever done it? When I purchased the boat a while back it came with two boards that I never really ride so I thought about painting one more to my liking.

If anybody has ever done it, pics would be great and your steps to success.

Also, what paint would you use?

mmandley
05-04-2010, 09:56 PM
I just don't see Paint as an option on this. I would be looking more into a Vynal over lay. Basically like a sticker. This is how a lot of the boards are done already.

Its a clean smooth shinny surface, i would think Paint will just chip right off. Also the board flexes a lot so the paint would need to be flexible.

Jeff W
05-05-2010, 11:06 AM
there was just a thread on wakeworld about this. a guy who is a professional painter did his and it looked good but he said that it adds about 2 lbs to the board and there is no real longevity to it.

WaterBullDawg1980
05-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Any idea on what type of paint would be used for this? I am sort of doing the same thing, but on a very old pair of training ski's for my daughter. More of a sentimental type thing as a few generations have learned on them. I just sanded them down, but havent started the research on what type of paint to use.