PDA

View Full Version : Random Question

squeeg333
05-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Do any of you guys have this same issue?

On my LSV, one side of ballast comparment covers opens further than the other. They are the same shocks on both sides, but one, when open, is vertical, while the other is open past vertical, leaning out toward toward the water (seems to extend further than the other).

Do any of you guys have this same issue?? It's not an issue at all, just something that kinda bugs me. I suppose I could move the brackets connected to the sun deck pad to account for the over-extension...

newty
05-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Yea it bugs me too. I try not to look at it.:p
I think they are attached to the shock in different places on the door.

squeeg333
05-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks Newty. I was trying to mess with mine a little this weekend, and you reminded me of it after I saw one of the photos in your mad sewing skills post. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this. I try not to look at it either... the sewing machine that is.

Razzman
05-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Honestly i've never noticed, but as anal as i am about stuff like that i'm sure i would have so i'll have to say "no". :p

stretch55
05-04-2010, 07:11 PM
My XLV does it also.

newty
05-04-2010, 08:36 PM
squeeg333 Thanks Newty. I was trying to mess with mine a little this weekend, and you reminded me of it after I saw one of the photos in your mad sewing skills post. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this. I try not to look at it either... the sewing machine that is.
Today 03:04 PM

I don't blame you!

gus 08 mobius lsv
05-04-2010, 08:48 PM
my lsv is the same way and i hate it too!

mmandley
05-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Maybe im lucky but mine are level. Now i did have mine completely fall apart last summer. The strut just fell out.

I noticed it screws together and is adjustable. I would look into screwing it tighter and reattaching it.

moombadaze
05-05-2010, 07:51 AM
mine opens the same-lopsided. Also have had the strutt unscew itself on the passenger side a couple times now-luckily only when its on the trailer

squeeg333
05-05-2010, 12:01 PM
You guys say the strut itself screws together? Really... hmm, sounds like I may need to attempt to adjust this then. Or, at least (with my luck) break something in the process.

cab13367
05-06-2010, 09:31 AM
mine opens the same-lopsided. Also have had the strutt unscew itself on the passenger side a couple times now-luckily only when its on the trailer

How does the strut unscrew itself when it is fixed on both ends.

Mine are straight and if they weren't, I wouldn't be able to stand it so I would have remounted the bracked on the door already.

mmandley
05-08-2010, 09:33 AM
How does the strut unscrew itself when it is fixed on both ends.

Mine are straight and if they weren't, I wouldn't be able to stand it so I would have remounted the bracked on the door already.

Both knuckles on mine screw together. When you get both ends lose the door got very loose and when i opened it in the garage the strut just fell out. I tinkered with it till i figured it out and put it back together. Its been tight ever since and no more issues.

If yours are tight and the doors are straight then you might need to redrill the holes.