PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Deals on Wakeboard/Water Ski Vests

05-04-2010, 01:31 AM
Just passing along a very good deal on vests, I'm in no was associated with them .

My wife was so excited becuase i was getting her the Neopolitan vest and when I got to checking out I found out they won't ship to Canada. What a bummer, I had 4 vests in my cart for the whole family.

Anyways, check them out. There are a lot for between $20 and $35.

Link: http://www.stearnsflotation.com/Clearance-C32.aspx

Sorry if this violates any board rules, it's just the prices were really good. here at our pro shops you have to spend $175!

cab13367
05-04-2010, 02:16 AM
Just passing along a very good deal on vests, I'm in no was associated with them .

My wife was so excited becuase i was getting her the Neopolitan vest and when I got to checking out I found out they won't ship to Canada. What a bummer, I had 4 vests in my cart for the whole family.

Anyways, check them out. There are a lot for between $20 and $35.

Link: http://www.stearnsflotation.com/Clearance-C32.aspx

Sorry if this violates any board rules, it's just the prices were really good. here at our pro shops you have to spend $175!

Hey 501,

Thanks for the heads up, I may buy a couple of items myself.

If you want to ship them to me, I would be happy to ship them to you. You just pay me the cost of shipping to you. I did this for another fellow Moomba owner in Canada on three pairs of Polk Audio speakers and it worked out fine.

I live in Portland, Oregon, zip code is 97035 in case you want so see how much shipping is from me to you.

Al

badasshybrid
05-04-2010, 03:11 AM
Theres some good deals in there. Thanks

05-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Hey 501,

Thanks for the heads up, I may buy a couple of items myself.

If you want to ship them to me, I would be happy to ship them to you. You just pay me the cost of shipping to you. I did this for another fellow Moomba owner in Canada on three pairs of Polk Audio speakers and it worked out fine.

I live in Portland, Oregon, zip code is 97035 in case you want so see how much shipping is from me to you.

Al

REALLY? Wow cab13367, that is an awesome offer thanks so much and if you are willing, I will take you up on that offer. At $30 a vest how can a person go wrong and the shipping in the US was very low.

This board has been a wealth of knowledge to me over the years and I always enjoy learning new things but it also brings together good people like cab13367 who offer to help out fellow Moomba owners just to help out! How can you beat that?

Everyone in the family will be excited to get new vests again!

stretch55
05-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I have been looking for a new vest but didn't really want to pay $100 plus for one. I am gonna grab one of theos Helium cga side entry's. $150 vest for $33, can't go wrong with that! Thanks again!

cab13367
05-04-2010, 10:37 AM
REALLY? Wow cab13367, that is an awesome offer thanks so much and if you are willing, I will take you up on that offer. At $30 a vest how can a person go wrong and the shipping in the US was very low.

This board has been a wealth of knowledge to me over the years and I always enjoy learning new things but it also brings together good people like cab13367 who offer to help out fellow Moomba owners just to help out! How can you beat that?

Everyone in the family will be excited to get new vests again!

Sent you a PM with the logistics. It's my pleasure to help out a fellow Moomba owner. I hated to see your family be disappointed because Stearns doesn't ship to Canada :)

And thanks for the heads up - I've been wanting to buy a heater shirt and a wakeboard vest but like stretch, didn't want to pony up big dollars for them. I was able to buy both for under $90 shipped. BTW, they're shipping is reasonable - was only $10.95 for my two items.

Al

kaneboats
05-04-2010, 10:44 AM
I got this a couple weeks ago and forgot to share it. Sorry! I picked up an extra pair of gloves and the Nevin handle for a spare. Shipping was quick and cheap. Al, thanks again for going the extra mile.

byronkoz
05-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I have been looking for a new vest but didn't really want to pay $100 plus for one. I am gonna grab one of theos Helium cga side entry's. $150 vest for $33, can't go wrong with that! Thanks again!

Just bought one of those too, great deal.

Thanks for the heads up 501

sandm
05-04-2010, 11:21 AM
thanks for the heads up..
thinking about picking up a jacket off that...

you da man
05-04-2010, 11:43 AM
This sale has been going on for a while now and there have been a ton of sizing issues because Helium has different model vests and a large in one model might be a medium in others and even a small. I wear a large Ronix and Jet Pilot but yet I can fit in a medium and a small Helium. I did score a couple on this sale but they were female vests. There's a long post about this sale in the other forum

jester
05-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the post. Looks like some good deals. I really want a pair of the below. Think they will fit?
http://www.stearnsflotation.com/Assets/ProductImages/COLE3864ORG.jpg

brain_rinse
05-04-2010, 12:55 PM
I picked up 3 of them a few weeks ago. I was happy with 2 of them, the 3rd was WAY off in sizing. Instead of messing with a return I just decided to keep it for guests that might need that size.

brain_rinse
05-04-2010, 12:57 PM
...there have been a ton of sizing issues because Helium has different model vests and a large in one model might be a medium in others and even a small.
Exactly the problem I had. I have a helium vest that I bought a year or two ago that I love. So I bought the same size in another style and it's not even close. Not sure why a company would use different sizing by model, but if you can get one to fit they have some fantastic vests. And for $30... it's worth a shot.

kaneboats
05-04-2010, 03:15 PM
That's what happened to me a couple years ago. I ordered a vest that came 2 sizes too large. I put on 40 lbs. so it would fit. Now it takes a lot of beer just to maintain the weight but I'm committed.

you da man
05-04-2010, 03:37 PM
That's what happened to me a couple years ago. I ordered a vest that came 2 sizes too large. I put on 40 lbs. so it would fit. Now it takes a lot of beer just to maintain the weight but I'm committed.

you were just trying to fine tune the wake with extra 40lbs of mobile ballast

Mikey
05-04-2010, 07:12 PM
501, Cab and i were the ones who did the Polk speakers and all worked out well ,other than waiting for delivery via Snail mail. Thanks again Cab. Now i'm in the slow process of changing other stereo components to match the deal that i/we all got on those speakers.

stretch55
05-04-2010, 07:17 PM
So I have a HO vest rightnoww and it is an XXL. So if I get that Helium should I get one in an XL??

you da man
05-04-2010, 07:32 PM
So I have a HO vest rightnoww and it is an XXL. So if I get that Helium should I get one in an XL??

Maybe even just a large, depends on which of the two models you get. One is true to size, the other is way off

cab13367
05-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Maybe even just a large, depends on which of the two models you get. One is true to size, the other is way off

I got the Josh saunders vest and heater shirt. How's the sizing on them?

stretch55
05-04-2010, 11:34 PM

How can I tell which is which? It'ms the Van Helium modle.

stretch55
05-05-2010, 12:08 AM
Ok, so I found out that the Van Helium in a Small is 32-36, a Medium is 36-40, a Large is a 40-44, an XL is 44-48 and a XXL 48-52. Hope this helps eveyone. Now keep in mind that I am not 100% for sure on these. I found the Large and XL sizes on a post in Wake World. So I just used common sense to figure out the other sizes. I'd say I'm 93.5% sure...

stretch55
05-05-2010, 12:36 AM
Red page 1 and page 2 about the different vest and the different sizings before you make your purchase.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778594

brain_rinse
05-05-2010, 12:56 AM
If anyone wants a Van Helium XL let me know...

jmvotto
05-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Al,

Your awesome!! you beat me to it on the shipping to canada:D

i love this place:cool:

mmandley
05-05-2010, 10:53 AM
If anyone wants a Van Helium XL let me know...

I was thinking of getting an XL got a pic?

cab13367
05-11-2010, 03:14 AM
Got my Josh Sanders wake vest and Josh Sanders 2 mil long sleeve wetsuit top today. I got both in medium and they fit perfect. The vest is just a little snug around the chest but not a big deal. I am 5'-10", 155 lbs.

Eric Z
08-13-2010, 12:42 PM
I love mine and so do my kids....You cant beat the price also.

brain_rinse
08-13-2010, 12:52 PM
I gave away the vest I bought for myself as it didn't fit at all true to size. The wife and kid love theirs though.

cab13367
08-13-2010, 01:09 PM
I got the Josh Saunders non-CGA vest and the Josh Saunders long sleeve heater shirt (more like a wetsuit top, really), both in medium. They fit and work great (I'm 5'-10", 160lbs)! Padding does not shift. And many people have commented how nice they look. Pic below.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/IMG_7747.jpg

gus 08 mobius lsv
08-14-2010, 05:09 PM
i got 5 jackets and all of them get used and are liked i also bought a side entry non cg approved. it feels little weird but i do like not nearly as bulky i'll use it to surf but use my regular one when i wake board not sure it'd hold me up if i get knocked out.