PDA

View Full Version : replacement trailer fender?

STANG KILLA SS
05-02-2010, 10:26 PM
are they available?

gf smashed the drivers fender on the trailer tonight. appears to be bolt on. are replacements available? if so where?

03 Yellow LSV (all yellow trailer)

RobertJ
05-03-2010, 12:38 AM
Stang, if your trailer is a boatmate you can go to their website, www.boatmateparts.com/products/Fenders-tag-Fenders/e, good luck and don't be to hard on the GF.

zabooda
05-03-2010, 02:25 AM
Especially if you want her to be your GFF.

Txskyski
05-03-2010, 08:53 PM
I had a blowout that ripped my fender off. I bought a new one from boatmate for around $180 bucks with the holes drilled, painted, and pinstriped to match the trailer.

The problem: Pinstripes were crooked and all four holes were drilled in the wrong place. You may want to save some $ if you have a Tractor Supply around. They have some fenders that look like they'll work. You would have to paint them yourself though.

STANG KILLA SS
05-04-2010, 09:04 AM
yeah i was gonna call today and see if they would do that.
sounds like they didnt do too good of a job for you. did you call them back after you reveived it? what did they say?

sailing217
05-04-2010, 10:04 AM
I would post on where members are upgrading to larger wheels. They have nothing else to do with their old fenders but scrap. I had to get new wider fenders when I went to 18" wheels. I don't know what my dealer did with the old ones. You could make a deal with another member. Shipping is probably a PITA

Txskyski
05-05-2010, 08:45 PM
yeah i was gonna call today and see if they would do that.
sounds like they didnt do too good of a job for you. did you call them back after you reveived it? what did they say?

I meant to call them but never did. The wrong holes they drilled are about 1" off on both the front and the back which means that about 5/8ths of the hole they drilled is covered from where the fender hits where it mounts. The pinstriping was obviously done by someone with a shaky hand but once you get 5+ feet from it you can't really tell.

If I were you, and if you have the means, I would just buy the steel fender as-is and drill your own holes, pick up some primer and a quart of paint and do it all yourself. You will save the extra $ and have a better looking fender in the end.