PDA

View Full Version : 2nd prop for and 07 Outback

MNKid
05-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Hello all, I am new to the forums and am in the process of purchasing our first DD, an 07 Outback with a 13x11.5 three blade prop.

I found this ad on Craig's list:

I have a 13X13 3 blade; left hand rotation prop for an inboard boat. It is Nickle/Brass and has a tapered shaft. It was used in the water for approx. 3 days with our Moomba Outback skiboat. However, I've sold the boat and no longer need the prop. I am willing to negotiate price.

He is asking $200. I am wondering if this would be a good second prop? Does the 07 have a tapered shaft? What kind of top can I expect with the 11.5 vs. the 13? I guess I am looking to the 13x13 for cruising and barefooting. Maybe a 4 blade would be my best bet down the road?

Any and all recommendations are appreciated.:confused:

Thanks,

Hoopskier
05-02-2010, 11:07 AM
I run the standard OJ legend (non-cnc) 13x13 prop on my 03 outback. I don't know exact number for top end speed, never got around yet to getting the speedo set right. If I had to guess, in the lower 40's. For top speed, the 3 bladeput the engine right near the rev limiter, which it what you want, you are getting the most out of it you can. I had an OJ legend 13x13 4 blade and on the top end it would bump the rev limiter. Out of the hole the 4 blade was better but I don't board a ton and rarely have any ballast in my boat (other than people). I run and prefer the 3 blade and keep the 4 blade for a spare.

MNKid
05-16-2010, 08:13 AM
This is a factory prop from an "01" Outback, would it fit my "07"?

bbyquist
05-16-2010, 03:14 PM
I currently am running the 13 x 13 OJ that came stock on my LS. It does fine for boarding, surfing, etc... until we load it up with ~1200lbs of ballast and put 6+ people in the boat. I recently ordered a 13 x 11.5 3-blade from ACME that the customer service people at ACME promised me would have a ton more holeshot than what I'm currently using.

If you are already using a similar prop (the 13 x 11.5), then buying the 13 x 13 might be a nice option as a backup and for skiing. This is just a guess until I actually have the opportunity to get the new prop on the boat and test it.