PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Babes Boat Bright gallon size

cab13367
04-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Anyone know where to get a good deal on the gallon refill? All the places I've seen sell them for $32/gal.

Anyone in the Portland area know where I can buy it locally? AWS doesn't. I used to get it at Joe's Sports when they were around.

Thx.

Al

Razzman
04-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Here's some physical Oregon locations; http://www.babesboats.com/locator.php?state=OR

RobertJ
04-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Give AWS a call, Spencer carries the Babes products on ActiveWake.com.

you da man
04-30-2010, 04:02 PM
I searched for a few days online and they are pretty much about the same price give or take $2. Shipping is the main cost difference. I ordered a gallon each of Bright, Seat Saver, Seat Soap, and Boot Butter.

cab13367
04-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Thanks guys. A couple of boat shops in Portland carry it, one being AWS, and they both want $40/gallon. This stuff is not cheap!

Has anyone found a less expensive alrernative? I've heard of using vinegar and water but I think that strips the wax off the gelcoat. I like the Babes product a lot - I spray it on and wipe it off after each outing, right after I pull the boat out of the water. Keeps it looking clean and waxed up all the time.

Al

mmandley
04-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Thanks guys. A couple of boat shops in Portland carry it, one being AWS, and they both want $40/gallon. This stuff is not cheap!

Has anyone found a less expensive alrernative? I've heard of using vinegar and water but I think that strips the wax off the gelcoat. I like the Babes product a lot - I spray it on and wipe it off after each outing, right after I pull the boat out of the water. Keeps it looking clean and waxed up all the time.

Al

Vinagar will pull the wax off the boat. I used this to dewax the boat this spring before i took all the stickers off. It helped pull some of the water spots off but not as good as i was hopping.

I need to take a buffer or something to the boat and get her cleaned up better.

I use the Babes also but not religously as its expensive. I wipe it down each trip and wax it once a month right now.

Razzman
04-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Buying direct is $32, i saw a place at $28 on the net.

If you wipe down immediately after loading you'll minimize the spots befoer they can be a problem. Start the season with a double coat of a good marine wax buffed to a shine, i use Flagship and again a few months later. Vinegar and water does squat with heavy mineral watyer spots. With a black hulled boat i'm now an expert at this, trust me! :p

cab13367
04-30-2010, 06:54 PM
Buying direct is $32, i saw a place at $28 on the net.

If you wipe down immediately after loading you'll minimize the spots befoer they can be a problem. Start the season with a double coat of a good marine wax buffed to a shine, i use Flagship and again a few months later. Vinegar and water does squat with heavy mineral watyer spots. With a black hulled boat i'm now an expert at this, trust me! :p

I bought my current gallon jug for $20. I should have bought more but then again, I didn't know what a good deal that was at the time. Where did u find it for $28?

I have my guests start spraying and wiping it down imediately after pulling her out of the water. They do that while I am in the boat putting everything away for the tow home.

I saw on WW that someone was diluting theirs since the stuff is so expensive. I may try that.

Al