PDA

View Full Version : Minneapolis Lake Minnetonka Meet Up

Jeff W
04-30-2010, 11:57 AM
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779030

Trying to organize a get together on Lake Minnetonka on June 6th for towboats.

Hope some Moomba guys from Minnesota/Wisconsin want to meet up.

c.rix
04-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Jeff - I would be in for that but, that is a bad weekend for me since that day is also Musky opener and I will be on my spot up on Mantrap lake near park rapids

I musky fish tonka alot too I love that lake and my girlfriend wants to go out there so bad after hearing all the stories about the houses and boats

have fun hopefully I will have some pics of a 2010 fat musky that catch that day

be safe alot of idiots out there during the prime hours

Jeff W
04-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Jeff - I would be in for that but, that is a bad weekend for me since that day is also Musky opener and I will be on my spot up on Mantrap lake near park rapids

I musky fish tonka alot too I love that lake and my girlfriend wants to go out there so bad after hearing all the stories about the houses and boats

have fun hopefully I will have some pics of a 2010 fat musky that catch that day

be safe alot of idiots out there during the prime hours

Bummer you can't make it but a man has his priorities. If something changes - holler at me and we can meet up. If you want to get out riding at all this year, hit me up. I know you're up north in Blaine or something but if you want to day trip it down south - we're always out.

Safety will be a prime concern. There will be 20+ wakeboats tied up together - it shouldn't be a problem.

Sled491
04-30-2010, 11:16 PM
See that's why you get the fishing trips done before the ski season starts and don't pick it up again until after labour day :) Just got back from lake Erie! Your get together is almost close enough for me to attend!

BensonWdby
05-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Jeff - this is a great idea. But am reluctant to give up a weekend skiing to make this. I need to get in as much time as possible before June 14 - heading for training week at Liquid edge. Also a little reluctant to put in on Mtka - concerned about bringing milfoil back to our lake..

Have fun..
Dave

c.rix
05-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Just flush your system good and you will be fine

Jeff - I live just off of 13 and 35w I'm only 7 minutes from ya buddy we will have to get together sometime

Sled - I have a addiction to musky fishing so a lot of days I wake up fish from5 to noon the board the rest of the day

Sled491
05-01-2010, 11:40 PM
C RIX I feel ya, but being from North of the boarder I'm a Walleye guy :)

Jeff W
05-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Just flush your system good and you will be fine

Jeff - I live just off of 13 and 35w I'm only 7 minutes from ya buddy we will have to get together sometime

Sled - I have a addiction to musky fishing so a lot of days I wake up fish from5 to noon the board the rest of the day

Dang - that's right. I was thinking you were in Prior or something originally but thought I saw your boat listed on Craigslist in Blaine. Must not have been yours.

I live in Richfield/South Minneapolis and boat on Marion. Anytime you want to get together - I'm in!

jeffandkaren
05-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Any of you guys know any good lakes around the Twin Cities? We do Minnetonka and the St Croix, in particular I was looking for a good lake w/ a public beach where we could have a couple families hang out, play ,picnic BBQ etc and take turns pulling kids behind the boat!!

Our boat spends most of its life at the cabin in Wisconsin, but we brought it home a few times last year and had a ball!!

Thanks

c.rix
05-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Prior lake has all your looking for but if u want to ski it can be a pain
Tubing pull toys ect would be fine though to keep kids busy

Nice part is the beach is next to the landing so its easy to find

It can be quite busy on weekends so get there early

There are some smaller lakes close by that are better for skiing and boarding than
Prior but no beach just public accesses have to stay on the boat all day

BensonWdby
05-04-2010, 07:36 AM
I think Crystal Lake in Burnsville has a beach, not very big and have not been on it in a long time. Possibly Big Carnelian?, Square Lake, Demontreville, Lake Jane, Lake Marion (has beach), Medicine Lake, Christmas Lake, Bald Eagle , Lake Elmo (no beach) . Not sure they all have good public beaches. There are plenty. Check the MN DNR website and use their Lake finder
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/index.html

Sled491
05-04-2010, 07:51 AM
Funny reading this, a few years ago a company was courting me to run there operation in the twin cities area. The one place my wife and I looked at hard to move to was Prior Lake. Did you know it is one of the only lakes in the area that allows float planes to land and take off from?

Jeff W
05-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Any of you guys know any good lakes around the Twin Cities? We do Minnetonka and the St Croix, in particular I was looking for a good lake w/ a public beach where we could have a couple families hang out, play ,picnic BBQ etc and take turns pulling kids behind the boat!!

Our boat spends most of its life at the cabin in Wisconsin, but we brought it home a few times last year and had a ball!!

Thanks

There are a ton of great lakes. Lake Marion in Lakeville, Crystal Lake in Burnsville, Bryant Lake in Eden Prairie, Lake Riley in Eden Prairie, Fish Lake in Maple Grove, White Bear Lake, etc. It all depends on where you actually live (just says St. Paul) and where you want to travel.

Jeff W
05-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Funny reading this, a few years ago a company was courting me to run there operation in the twin cities area. The one place my wife and I looked at hard to move to was Prior Lake. Did you know it is one of the only lakes in the area that allows float planes to land and take off from?

We have them on our lake as well (Marion - about 5 miles east of Prior Lake)

Sled491
05-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Not sure if that is a good thing or bad? When I lived in Canada our neighbour at the lake had a float plane, sometimes he could screw up a good afternoon.

Jeff W
05-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Not sure if that is a good thing or bad? When I lived in Canada our neighbour at the lake had a float plane, sometimes he could screw up a good afternoon.

Meh. It's EVERYONES lake. The fisherman, the tuber making power turns, the skiier, the wakeboarder, the surfer and the guy with his float plane.. It takes 3-5 minutes for them to come in and out. No day is so precious that I can't wait 3 minutes to take a set. I love glass but I also love to see a lake full of people truly enjoying it for all it's worth.

Sled491
05-04-2010, 06:36 PM
W, who could argue with that :)