PDA

View Full Version : Tower Feet Pads = Marine Silicone (New solution or Not)

4fish4
04-29-2010, 07:26 PM
After reading the blog on Tower Feet Pads Moving .... I decided to change my tower feet pads too. Today, I went to my Moomba dealer to order a pair of pads. They said that they do not carry pads no more and nor can I order them.

According to them, I should remove the old feet pads and place some Marine silicone (seal and bond) on boat....a good layer and then place the tower on the silicone. Screw back the bolts and remove the excess silicone . Let dry.

Did anyone ever try this method before and does it really work ? They said that all wake boats from the pass used this method before but today they used pads because of time and cost . They said that the Moomba recalls on tower feet pads recommend using silicone instead of pads.

Bull shit or not ????? :confused:

mmandley
04-30-2010, 08:56 AM
I can believe this but i would think you have to let the silicon set up and get kinda spongy or something. Just being wet and placing a tower on it would squish it all out i would think.

Hoopskier
04-30-2010, 12:01 PM
I have my 03 OB w/ tower. It does not not have the black tower feet pads. It was that way when i bought it used. It appears there is a thin layer of white silicon under the feet. I don't have any spider cracks. So maybe they are correct. I didn't look at the tower feet on the new boats when I was at the marina the other day.

4fish4
05-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks... But I think I will try the best of both worlds. I will try to find a small piece of rubber and use some marine silicone to bond the tower to the boat . I have a hard time believing that the tower directly on the boat is safe the hull.

Razzman
05-01-2010, 11:33 AM
My solution would be to get some 3mm Seadek (http://www.seadekstore.com/die-cutpad10inx20in3mm-small.aspx)to either match the hull or black and stick it to the tower feet themselves. Once bolted back on I seriously doubt it could move! The little nubs of the Seadek once compressed should act like grippers and spread out.

4fish4
05-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Sounds good .. 3M sea deck it is .Thanks