PDA

View Full Version : Emergency cut off switch

AaronWhitt82
04-29-2010, 01:17 AM
Quick question about the emergency cut off switch.... My 99 Outback never came with one.
Am I required by law to have one?
I've never had to deal with the Conservation Police or any kind of safety inspections and was wondering if they did a safety check if I would be in trouble with not having the switch even though the boat never came with one?

zabooda
04-29-2010, 10:08 PM
If you plan to wear it then it is a good thing. If you don't plan to wear it then it is an additional failure mode. I've seen problems with them but if they are worn then that justifies having it.

badasshybrid
04-30-2010, 08:01 PM
Quick question about the emergency cut off switch.... My 99 Outback never came with one.
Am I required by law to have one?
I've never had to deal with the Conservation Police or any kind of safety inspections and was wondering if they did a safety check if I would be in trouble with not having the switch even though the boat never came with one?

Mine is the same way. I looked at one at Bass Pro last weekend, I think it was 35.00 or so. I have been thinking about putting one in mine. Its not against the law not to have one around here but a good idea with the way they drive boats on some of these lakes.