PDA

View Full Version : Custom Graphic On 1998 Mobius

David Davidson
04-27-2010, 08:00 AM
I made a couple of graphics in CAD yesterday and I can't decide which one to go with... hopefully you guys can help me out.

I think the one with the wave might be a little too much. Be honest but don't be to brutal on me.

David Davidson
04-27-2010, 10:31 AM

This is what I think I am going to go with.. $80 both sides, for a 9" x 74" homemade graphic isn't to bad.

kaneboats
04-27-2010, 10:49 AM
I really don't like them. I don't think they are complementing the very cool color of the boat. Ask an artist what you could do to them to help them work better.

David Davidson
04-27-2010, 10:59 AM
The colors are consistent with what is factory... dark silver metallic and white. I asked a buddy in industrial design school, he thought it looked fine... he didn't know what other colors I could use either.

David Davidson
04-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Stock graphic... for ref.

Thanks for the honest opinion kaneboats, hope to get some more input from other viewers...

mmandley
04-27-2010, 11:47 AM
I like your third option the best. I keep thinking the grey line needs to be tied in a little more. I like the second haf of the M and the line threw Mobius but the S seems like it needs to have the center Greyed with that line. Maybe the start of the M needs to stay Black and the Grey line just starts on the bottom of the M or something.

I really like your idea here and im a big person of personalization of your boat gawd knows i personalized mine lol.

kaneboats
04-27-2010, 02:57 PM
I don't like the stock decals either and never did. I have a good friend with a '98 in your color. The stock graphic is boring on a very cool metallic color. I would be tempted to visit some car sites and see what guys with metallic finish paint jobs (and jet boat sites too) are doing. You might get some ideas. I think you are off to a good start but are trying to be too true to an original that wasn't anything to write home about in the first place. Good luck! And, remember, if you like it, it's perfect!