PDA

View Full Version : Ronix Cortez

stretch55
04-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Has anybody riden this board?? I have my choices down to the Hyperlite Broadcast 5'6" or the Ronix Cortez 5'4". I need the bigger board for 2 reasons, 1 I weight around 215lbs and have buddies who are up to 225lbs and I am a beginner. Please Help!!

mmandley
04-26-2010, 07:05 PM
i havnt tried it but its a sweet looking board.

By the way next Tuesday weather is looking sweet 77 and sun. I plan to be on the water if your boat isn't up to snuff you can roll with us.

stretch55
04-26-2010, 07:12 PM
i havnt tried it but its a sweet looking board.

By the way next Tuesday weather is looking sweet 77 and sun. I plan to be on the water if your boat isn't up to snuff you can roll with us.

Ok, thanks for the invite. I'll let you know. It is a sweet looking board!

you da man
04-26-2010, 10:17 PM
I have it and it is a nice board. Definately a better looking board compared to the Broadcast and Ride. It has sharp rails and the traction is very nice. I think since it's a new model compared to the dated Broadcast and Ride, it will perform better even as a beginner board.

Sled491
04-26-2010, 10:31 PM
I have a 4 10 TWP board that my 260+ buddy can ride and my 90 lb son. Don't get too caught up on the idea that you need a longer board for bigger boys, not always the case. It is more an equiation of board surface.

stretch55
04-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Ydm good to that. I really like that ronix board.
Sled good advise thought I was stuck on a big board.
Kg I hear that the CWB was almost "to easy".
Great feed back guys. Thank you!

you da man
05-24-2010, 12:29 AM
I'm going to have to question the Ronix Cortez 5'4" as a good beginner board. I'm a complete newbie at this and have only surfer twice behind my XLV. We had a mixed bag in my boat today, myself and one other male friend of mine. Both of us go about 160lbs each. I was able to free ride on my first pull but the board is kinda sluggish. I could have been that I had 3 fins and didn't have any tools to remove 2 of them to loosen it up. Then I had 3 of my female hottie friends. Each of the them 125lbs-ish. The girls had an easy time getting up (first try for 2 out of the 3) but alway caught the edge on the front. One of my female friends has plenty of experience wakesurfing other smaller boards behind Mastercrafts and Malibus so those wakes can easily compare to an XLV (we're not talking Enzo 230 wakes). This week I'll have the same crew and I'll let the girls try the Shred Stixx Thresher as I left this board in the storage unit today.

stretch55
05-24-2010, 09:08 AM
I'm going to have to question the Ronix Cortez 5'4" as a good beginner board. I'm a complete newbie at this and have only surfer twice behind my XLV. We had a mixed bag in my boat today, myself and one other male friend of mine. Both of us go about 160lbs each. I was able to free ride on my first pull but the board is kinda sluggish. I could have been that I had 3 fins and didn't have any tools to remove 2 of them to loosen it up. Then I had 3 of my female hottie friends. Each of the them 125lbs-ish. The girls had an easy time getting up (first try for 2 out of the 3) but alway caught the edge on the front. One of my female friends has plenty of experience wakesurfing other smaller boards behind Mastercrafts and Malibus so those wakes can easily compare to an XLV (we're not talking Enzo 230 wakes). This week I'll have the same crew and I'll let the girls try the Shred Stixx Thresher as I left this board in the storage unit today.

So you rode the Ronix Cortez and you are saying that is was pretty slow/sluggish? I just pick this board up on Saturday at Demo Days from AWS. I hope that it is a good board..

you da man
05-24-2010, 10:52 AM
So you rode the Ronix Cortez and you are saying that is was pretty slow/sluggish? I just pick this board up on Saturday at Demo Days from AWS. I hope that it is a good board..

Stretch, this was my very first attempt at wakesurfing so my opinion is going to with zero knowledge of other boards. However, I was able to drop the rope my first pass without the wake being even close to dialed in and without what I would consider adequate ballast. I think it will be a difficult board for light weight riders based on what I saw with the girls on my boat seeing that one of them is pretty experienced with wakesurfing other shorter boards. Once the rail near the nose digs in just a little it's very difficult to recover but I did on two occassions. I'll say that I got back from the pocket and was able to pump the board back to the sweet spot. I didn't have any tools on my boat to remove the outter two fins so I'm sure that would make a big difference in loosening up the board. Just watch the rail near the nose digging in.

stretch55
05-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Stretch, this was my very first attempt at wakesurfing so my opinion is going to with zero knowledge of other boards. However, I was able to drop the rope my first pass without the wake being even close to dialed in and without what I would consider adequate ballast. I think it will be a difficult board for light weight riders based on what I saw with the girls on my boat seeing that one of them is pretty experienced with wakesurfing other shorter boards. Once the rail near the nose digs in just a little it's very difficult to recover but I did on two occassions. I'll say that I got back from the pocket and was able to pump the board back to the sweet spot. I didn't have any tools on my boat to remove the outter two fins so I'm sure that would make a big difference in loosening up the board. Just watch the rail near the nose digging in.

Well I weigh 215 and all the guys I hang out with weigh about them same. So it should be fine. That's for the heads up about the nose digging.