PDA

View Full Version : Impressed with the Malco Vinyl Cleaner

98outback
04-26-2010, 10:52 AM
I finally got a chance to clean the boat interior this weekend with the malco cleaner. I thought my interior was clean except for the couple black specs that came up last year on some of the interior vinyl that probably came from having the cover on and moisture. I never could get it off last year and didn't want to use the magic erasers. So I used the malco and a scrub brush and all the black specs are gone and the interior is actually cleaner and brighter than it was. I will be using this product often. I did follow up with 303 protectant. Im glad I ordered a gallon of the malco.

Razzman
04-26-2010, 10:54 AM
It's definately good stuff and worth having in the arsenal! :D

sandm
04-26-2010, 12:52 PM
I went to the distributor while in vegas this last weekend to buy a gallon. he was out, so he gave me the 32oz spray for free to try it out. hoping to have my sis pick up several gallons while she is there in june. this one bottle should be enough to do the interior once and see how it works.
dreading buying the boat babes as a protectant tho. it's expensive at the dealership..

Sled491
04-26-2010, 10:11 PM
It is that time of year to stock up isn't it.

squeeg333
05-05-2010, 12:40 PM
So this Malco cleaner, it's good stuff eh? I've read several posts saying that it was, I just wanted to double check before I order a gallon of it. I scrubbed my vinyl last year with warm soapy water and a scrub brush, which cleaned it really well, then followed that up with 303. However, I'm always looking for better/more effective cleaning techniques.

newty
05-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Thats what I use and love it.

squeeg333
05-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Well that, and the fact that you have intimate knowledge of sewing machines might just be enough for me to get a gallon!! :D

Razzman
05-05-2010, 12:57 PM
I did mine last Saturday with the Malco and you won't believe what comes off the vinyl!

newty
05-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Well that, and the fact that you have intimate knowledge of sewing machines might just be enough for me to get a gallon!! :D

Your just not going to let that one go are ya?:p
Keep it up I know where you live... goegraphically speaking! ;-)

squeeg333
05-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Well, can ya blame me? Though, I do have to say, impressive work on the sewing machine. Next time, should there be a next time, make sure there's a beer in the pic, it'll make it more, um, manly??

Just ordered a gallon of the Malco. Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it. Now, if I could just find something that would take out what look like kool-aide stains. On the rear seat back, the large one, I have several light red spots, that appear to be koolaide or something. I can tell it's deep down in the leather, and I haven't been able to find anything that'll take it off. Maybe this stuff will, but I will probably just have to live with it. The prvious owner must have had a killer party, or messy kids, or a REALLY red swimsuit...

Sled491
05-05-2010, 03:23 PM
I have never tried the Malco, but swear by all Babes products. The water spot remover and spray polish are simply the best!

sandm
05-05-2010, 03:49 PM
I played around a little with the malco last night, and first impressions are "ok". haven't hit the real dirty areas of the boat, so we'll see. it's kind of runny, so hard to keep focused in the right areas without it dripping everywhere. the babes uv seat product smells yummy tho..

Sled491
05-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Sandm, that's funny I find it smells good also. Maybe that's there marketing scheme :)

moombadaze
05-05-2010, 07:49 PM
you guys arent the only ones who likes he way babes smell

Sled491
05-05-2010, 09:24 PM
We are talking the boat detailing products right?

Just checking :D

Razzman
05-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Ok here's a tip because i can see some won't get the benefits of the Malco unless i reveal them.

First off, go to the grocery store or any place where you can buy kitchen supplies and buy a Vegetable Brush, OK laugh, go on and get it out of your systems now :rolleyes:

A veggie brush is very pliable nylon that won't hurt your vinyl, stitching or embroideried logos. Still laughing? :cool:

Spray it on liberally as it dries quick in the sun and using your personal veggie brush work the vinyl real good and watch what happens. You won't get the same results with a rag.

Now that being said ...

DO NOT let it run down the vinyl and sit without immediately getting it with the brush or a rag. If you do you will have bleached looking spots were it deep cleaned on it's own! You'll be in for even more work!
DO NOT spray it on metalwork, if you do wipe up immediately with water and a rag. It will stain metal if let to sit.
Do spray the area you just cleaned with water and wipe down and apply the Babes or 303 or whatever you like. The residual Malco will deter any other treatment you apply so it needs to be nuetralized.
Rags, lot's of them! You'll understand when you start!
Now your saying that sounds like way to much work. It's not once you get into the groove it's super easy and quick. My interior looks just as new as the day i bought it! I've used Babe's for years and i can attest that it will not clean the way Malco does. Malco though imo is for the first spring clean or a super dirty boat, not all the time. For those time it's Babe's to the rescue! :D

AaronWhitt82
05-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Where is everyone ordering this stuff from? I looked it up on one website and I don't remember what it was, but they wanted almost $20 for shipping !!!!!
I'm deciding between this and Exquisite...
It's also time to stock up on Babe's !!!!
Thanks

trevormcfar
05-05-2010, 11:55 PM
What product are you guys talking about? I was on the Malco website and they have several interior cleaners... which one specific are you using to clean the interior? Thanks....

http://www.malcopro.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=446&category_id=44&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=101

Razzman
05-05-2010, 11:58 PM
Malco Leather and Plastic Cleaner

Most auto detail shops carry it. The one I bought from buys it by the 55gal drum from Malco so he stocks plastic gallon jugs to sell it buy.

gus 08 mobius lsv
05-08-2010, 11:14 AM
i just found a dealer of malco products who delivers all over the state he comes right by my house and he sells it for 12 dollars a gallon. what are you guys payin for it?

mmandley
05-09-2010, 09:10 AM
Well, can ya blame me? Though, I do have to say, impressive work on the sewing machine. Next time, should there be a next time, make sure there's a beer in the pic, it'll make it more, um, manly??

I find it hard to put Manly and Sewing in the same phrase LOL. I will give Newty props at least he looked determined and i find determination in people sexy ;)

viking
05-09-2010, 04:36 PM
i just found a dealer of malco products who delivers all over the state he comes right by my house and he sells it for 12 dollars a gallon. what are you guys payin for it?

Would he ship some to MT?
I'm interested!

gus 08 mobius lsv
05-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Dealer Information
Your distributor is:

contact
Wendell Schultz

telephone
(614) 638-2311

address
Columbus, OH

anyone interested can give him a call and see what he says. i called him up told him i'm 2 hours away he asked me where about and he says i'll be thru your area on monday can ya meet me. so ya can't get any better then that.

Sled491
05-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Looked for my dealer online, heck he's in a town I never even heard of, and outside of my area code!

gus 08 mobius lsv
05-11-2010, 08:58 AM
i met the malco guy monday and got two gal of it so i'll be good to go for a while but might get some other things from him. funny how things work razzman out west tells me about a product i barely know of and the darn stuff is made in ohio closer to me then the distributor is!
he charges $13 a gal and he said call him and give him your zip and he'll tell ya how much it is to ship to you if your interested.

viking
05-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks,
I searced the site and found a local shop that carries Malco products. I'm going to go by there and see what they charge first. Then I might hit up your distributor depending??

sandm
05-11-2010, 03:36 PM
sorry viking, sent you a pm and didn't see this post yet...

viking
05-11-2010, 11:40 PM
No problem SandM,
Sent you PM back. Thanx

viking
05-12-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm almost?? positive we are talking about the Malco Leather and Plastic Cleaner (part # 100101 for a gallon). If so I found some here in town for $15 a gallon FYI. Sounds like $12 is a good deal!

Razzman
05-12-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm almost?? positive we are talking about the Malco Leather and Plastic Cleaner (part # 100101 for a gallon). If so I found some here in town for $15 a gallon FYI. Sounds like $12 is a good deal!

That's the stuff.

jmvotto
05-12-2010, 10:40 PM
13.95 plus 10 s&h if you can't find a distributor near you.

http://chadssupplyllc.com/catalog/i71.html

Sled491
05-13-2010, 09:21 AM
That 10 bucks sure changes the deal doesn't it :(

viking
05-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the tips Razzman. Worked all day on cleaning my boat since we finally could see the sun today :)
Used the bristle brush I got with the "bucket of babes" i purchased end of last year. What a difference. That Malco is GOOD! I couldn't beleive how much dirt came out. I shot a couple pics..............

Ok here's a tip because i can see some won't get the benefits of the Malco unless i reveal them.

First off, go to the grocery store or any place where you can buy kitchen supplies and buy a Vegetable Brush, OK laugh, go on and get it out of your systems now :rolleyes:

A veggie brush is very pliable nylon that won't hurt your vinyl, stitching or embroideried logos. Still laughing? :cool:

Spray it on liberally as it dries quick in the sun and using your personal veggie brush work the vinyl real good and watch what happens. You won't get the same results with a rag.

Now that being said ...

DO NOT let it run down the vinyl and sit without immediately getting it with the brush or a rag. If you do you will have bleached looking spots were it deep cleaned on it's own! You'll be in for even more work!
DO NOT spray it on metalwork, if you do wipe up immediately with water and a rag. It will stain metal if let to sit.
Do spray the area you just cleaned with water and wipe down and apply the Babes or 303 or whatever you like. The residual Malco will deter any other treatment you apply so it needs to be nuetralized.
Rags, lot's of them! You'll understand when you start!
Now your saying that sounds like way to much work. It's not once you get into the groove it's super easy and quick. My interior looks just as new as the day i bought it! I've used Babe's for years and i can attest that it will not clean the way Malco does. Malco though imo is for the first spring clean or a super dirty boat, not all the time. For those time it's Babe's to the rescue! :D

Razzman
05-15-2010, 10:37 PM
The stuff is something else huh?! My interior is so white that it hurts the eyes in the sun to look at it! You don't realize how dirty stuff gets until you use this stuff!