PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Trailer Hub

Garn
04-26-2010, 09:30 AM
I have a double axle trailer with the hubs that have the oil in them. One of the wheels has a small leak out the front. If I leave the trailer parked for a week, you can see the oil that has run down over the tire. How does one fix that?

Thanks,

Garn

98outback
04-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Check out pacificboattrailers.com for replacement parts. I just ordered all new calibers, pads, and oil bath hubs/rotors from them. They had great pricing and use the promo code boat buddy for a discount.

sailing217
04-26-2010, 10:59 AM
My dealer called boatmate and since I was just inside my first year of ownership they replaced the seals under warranty. I'm not sure the warranty was 1,2,or 3 years, but a call to the trailer manufacturer wouldn't hurt. I believe the seals were just a few bucks for the parts, but labor was about $60 a wheel.

viking
04-26-2010, 01:08 PM
I have a double axle trailer with the hubs that have the oil in them. One of the wheels has a small leak out the front. If I leave the trailer parked for a week, you can see the oil that has run down over the tire. How does one fix that?

Thanks,

Garn

Garn,
I have the same problem on my single axle. I put on the boat buddy bra's last year and pulled them off a week ago to check and they have oil sitting in them. I"m assuming one of the seals is bad (i think there are 2 internally) and that is where it's coming from?? I posted a question on this on another thread and awaiting some feeback. The manual says to order the parts directly from the manufacturer but I'm going to try and find a local dealer in my area?
Brian

kfechner
04-26-2010, 03:09 PM
check the screw that is on the outside of the hub...it might just be loose and tighten with an allen head. I had the same issue and had to replace with oil/grease for what was lost.

viking
04-27-2010, 07:08 PM
I plan on draining completely and replacing but I have the bra's on the end of the hub and there is oil in there.........?
That would'nt be coming for the allen screw!!