PDA

View Full Version : First Time Out this Year

cab13367
04-26-2010, 03:30 AM
Finally got out on the water today for the first time this year (well, actually the second time but the first time was spent prop testing so that didn't count :)). Air temp was mid 60's, water temp was 55. Got out on the wakeboard and the wakesurf board. New heater worked great and came in handy.

Below is a link to my 13 year old son surfing today. More impressive than his mad surfing skills is that he is trunking it in 55 degree water! He's tougher than I am - I wore my wetsuit.

Was great to get out on the water. Mandley was also out so we hung with them for a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBKcPO-qYcs

Al

kaneboats
04-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Nice, Al. Looks like he's really having fun.

mmandley
04-26-2010, 01:04 PM
That was awesome. You see him wave around 23 sec that was him waving back at us as you passed us while we swam lol. Great day Al.

brenpire
04-26-2010, 07:04 PM
That is awesome!!! No wonder he doesn't need a wetsuit. he never gets wet.

Water temp is still below 50 up here - little chilly for me.

04OUTBACK
04-26-2010, 08:45 PM
That is great.. he rides so confidently! Not even a Heater shirt...
I put in dock saturday in waders.. water was 52..
Late afternoon, we put the boat in for first run.. all ran good. just couldnt muster up the #uts to suit up! didn't even pack any gear!

Wave looks great too!

Sled491
04-26-2010, 09:27 PM
Cab you got that right, 55 and trunkin' it is crazy even in my book :) When you gonna get that kid competing? By the way we have the same first name except I have only one E. Oh yeah and I'm 30 yrs older so it wasn't near as common as today!

cab13367
04-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Thanks guys, I'll pass the compliments along to him. He makes it look easy and can drop back 20' then catch back up. Did you notice that at about 0:44 the entire board briefly goes completely underwater but he just rode right thru it. It helps that he only weighs 100 lbs. At least that's my excuse for not being able to surf like him :-) At the end of the vid, you can hear him start to yell for me to turn around quick and pick him up. He was anticipating the dunk into that 55 degree water :-)

cab13367
04-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Cab you got that right, 55 and trunkin' it is crazy even in my book :) When you gonna get that kid competing? By the way we have the same first name except I have only one E. Oh yeah and I'm 30 yrs older so it wasn't near as common as today!

Nice to meet you, Kenan! But what are you talking about common?? Keenan has never met anyone else with his same name or close to it. I had a friend in high school who's name was Keenan and I always thought it was a cool name. He's got to be in his early 40's by now.

Yeah, I think he needs to start learning some tricks then maybe we can see about entering him in some competitions :-)

Sled491
04-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Al, tell you what, growing up in Northwestern Ontario, there were just no Kenan's anywhere. There was Mike Keenan the hockey coach and a Keenan in the movies (jaws I think) but that was it. Now I know of plenty of Kenan's or Keenan's. To go from zero to even 10 seems like they are every where. Heck I found one here right? Still a cool name :D