PDA

View Full Version : amp # 2 ?

alex56
04-25-2010, 09:51 PM
we have a kicker 350.4 amp for the speakers in our LSV.. i was wondering what exactly does the amp#2 set of outputs or imputs mean on the amp?
-thanks

viking
04-25-2010, 11:41 PM
I don't have that amp but it sounds like you can run another Amp off of it using the RCA's

cab13367
04-26-2010, 12:36 AM
we have a kicker 350.4 amp for the speakers in our LSV.. i was wondering what exactly does the amp#2 set of outputs or imputs mean on the amp?
-thanks

Alex,

The 350.4 is a four channel amp so amp1 if for channels 1&2 and amp2 is for channels 3&4. So if you have a head unit with two pairs of outputs, one for the fronts and one of the rears, then you can connect them to amp1 and amp2 on your kicker so that you can fade from front to back from your head unit.

Al

alex56
04-26-2010, 01:46 AM
ok.. so. right this is what i got.. the stock kenwood deck in an 0'8lsv.. switched out the zx200.4 for the 350.4 going to the 4 cabin speakers.. with only 1 rca going into that amp.... and i have anoher 700w amp for the subwoofers going off an RCA splitter from the speaker amp.. i noticed that theres 2 like short RCA's off the back of the deck above the other output is that for the amp 2 RCA cable?

cab13367
04-26-2010, 02:29 AM
ok.. so. right this is what i got.. the stock kenwood deck in an 0'8lsv.. switched out the zx200.4 for the 350.4 going to the 4 cabin speakers.. with only 1 rca going into that amp.... and i have anoher 700w amp for the subwoofers going off an RCA splitter from the speaker amp.. i noticed that theres 2 like short RCA's off the back of the deck above the other output is that for the amp 2 RCA cable?

Could you either post a pic of the back of the head unit or better yet, tell me which model Kenwood it is and I can look it up.

Also, in an 08 LSV, you should have 6 cabin speakers, not 4.

Thanks,

Al

tazz3069
04-26-2010, 07:58 AM
Check the back of the radio or your owners manual. I think those short RCA's, that you spoke of, are for the subwoofer. Is the amp you are talking about a Kicker? If you use the RCA inputs 1 & 2, only, the amp will operate all four channels, Front ,Left, Right. If you use channels 1 & 2, and 2 & 4, then you can throw the rear in the mix. I have the MX700.5 amp and changed out the head unit. I used a multiple RCA input Kenwood head unit. Also, if I remember correctly, my two short RCA plugs are for the sub input. I would check you book.
Tazz

mmandley
04-26-2010, 11:38 AM

The deck should be a Kenwoord 2035 deck or something very similar to that number.

It will have 1 set of pre built in RCAs and the little one on the wire is a normal set of RCAs. There is a sub-woofer control on your deck and these ones hanging off can be used for that but basically its just 2 normal sets of RCAs.

The kicker amps have a nice feature in that whether you plug the RCA into amp 1 or amp 2 it will control all 4 channels. You wont get a fade front to back option. You only need 1 set of RCAs to run the amp though. You can use the set on the wire to power your second amp if needed.

Out puts on an amp mean it can be used to send signals to other amps.

My Exile amps have Outputs and all that is..i can run an RCA cable from my Amp1 to Amp2 and Amp2 will think its coming from the head unit. Now remember if you fade Amp1 and Amp2 is receiving signal from Amp1 then Amp2 will fade the same as Amp1.

kaneboats
04-26-2010, 01:50 PM
The extra pair is for the rear channel or you can select SUBW in the menu and use them for that.

alex56
04-26-2010, 07:15 PM
yeah i think i get what everyones saying.. cab, i no theres 6 speakers but only the 4 are amped in my case lol, but i think ill just stop pondering on the amp #2 part.. sense the set up now already sounds great!

but thanks everyone!