PDA

View Full Version : Gelcoat cracks

dru1974
04-25-2010, 12:17 PM
So I picked up my boat last week, ordered in september. I have 2 small cracks in the gel coat. one is on the driver side coming from the windshield about 2 inches long and the other is on the passenger side pretty much the same thing.

should i make a claim on it?

Razzman
04-25-2010, 12:33 PM
On a newly delivered boat definately take it to the dealer and have those repaired. Where's there's one or two there will probably be more soon. Sounds like somebody didn't finish off the holes correctly.

dru1974
04-25-2010, 12:47 PM
i think i will wait till seasons end though what do you think?
\

Razzman
04-25-2010, 01:19 PM
I would definately call and get it on paper & pictures asap, that way there can be no confusion that it was delivered that way. Make sure they commit to getting it done on schedule and agree it's a warrenty issue.

dru1974
04-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Thats a good idea thanks razz

kennedy
04-25-2010, 02:28 PM
I purchased a 2009 Moomba XLV GG and nad many of the same issues on the back of the boat and in the rear air vents.

I would run the boat all summer and make sure the dealer know and have them take care of it before you put it in storage.

This way you can have them double check the rest of the boat for you then.

I actullay waited till this spring and then they are going to clean the boat to NEW again.

Cannot beat that!!

TSC
04-26-2010, 02:07 PM
I have the same issue on the port side where the screw holds the windshield down at the end. Dealer noted it and will repair at end of season since it requires a bit more down time as the windshield has to be removed.

Kudos as well to my dealer for fixing a gouge in the gelcoat from the tower support when it was dropped during shipping. We noted it during the walkaround when I took delivery last May. Had it summerized about 2 weeks ago and they took care of it and had the boat back to me in 3 days. Now if it would only warm up in New England.