PDA

View Full Version : I think I am going to miss my "boat out in April" goal this year.

RobertJ
04-25-2010, 12:15 AM
Man I am itchin to get the boat out soon. Today would have been great but I had a better time watching my daughter at the state level 4 gymnastics tournament. She did great and met her goal and took 5th in her age group on the balance beam. Tomorrow the oldest son and I are heading on a metric century bike ride. 63 miles of dad and 14 year old bonding on the road with about 2,000 other people. He is getting to the point that he can put the hammer down and make dad hurt.

Monday, I am taking a vacation day to try and get my front lawn replanted. We have had dead grass for about 4 weeks since I sprayed round-up. Man my wife is patient. My neighboors though have been wondering whats up. I have been telling them that "brown is the new green".

I might have to hitch my first ride next weekend with the AWS crew during the Malibu demo days event. Of course that will be after my youngest completes in 2000 meter race with about 1,500 other kids.

MMandley, if you need a spotter on Monday I might be able to leave the lawn brown until fall. 8)

I enjoy my boat, but man I love my family and water time will come.

kaneboats
04-26-2010, 10:40 AM
You're doing it the right way. Hope you're on the water soon though!

mmandley
04-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Man I am itchin to get the boat out soon. Today would have been great but I had a better time watching my daughter at the state level 4 gymnastics tournament. She did great and met her goal and took 5th in her age group on the balance beam. Tomorrow the oldest son and I are heading on a metric century bike ride. 63 miles of dad and 14 year old bonding on the road with about 2,000 other people. He is getting to the point that he can put the hammer down and make dad hurt.

Monday, I am taking a vacation day to try and get my front lawn replanted. We have had dead grass for about 4 weeks since I sprayed round-up. Man my wife is patient. My neighboors though have been wondering whats up. I have been telling them that "brown is the new green".

I might have to hitch my first ride next weekend with the AWS crew during the Malibu demo days event. Of course that will be after my youngest completes in 2000 meter race with about 1,500 other kids.

MMandley, if you need a spotter on Monday I might be able to leave the lawn brown until fall. 8)

I enjoy my boat, but man I love my family and water time will come.

We were planning out an outing today and the boat is in the driveway ready to roll but the weather is looking pretty questionable. Prolly end up covering her before the storms come in.