PDA

View Full Version : Z-5 and headroom

you da man
04-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Just posting this out of curiousity. I have an 08 XLV with a Z-5. I'm 6'00" and I can walk under the Z-5 without having to worry about hitting my head. I also don't have an issue with the Bullet HP 770's hitting my head as well. Are all Moombas this friendly with headroom below the tower with accessories or does the XLV have a couple inches more room due to possibly a higher freeboard

Ian Brantford
04-23-2010, 11:07 PM
When I was shopping in 2004/5, the LSV had just 6'0" of headroom under the tower. My alternate driver is 6'2", so I anticipated repeated head trauma that could be captured with a waiting camera. Alas, the XLV that I bought has at least 6'6". That's the only downside to having the XLV -- no hijinx from above.

zegm
04-24-2010, 12:42 AM
When I was shopping in 2004/5, the LSV had just 6'0" of headroom under the tower. My alternate driver is 6'2", so I anticipated repeated head trauma that could be captured with a waiting camera. Alas, the XLV that I bought has at least 6'6". That's the only downside to having the XLV -- no hijinx from above.

Our LS which is the same hull as the LSV has the Z5 and I am 6'2" and I just barely have to tilt my head under the Z5. With the Z5 out of there it must be 6'6".