PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Cap Key

stretch55
04-23-2010, 03:45 PM
I lost mine. Anybody got an extra one laying around? I really don't want to have to order one from skiers choice.

AaronWhitt82
04-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Shouldn't have to order one from Skier's Choice. Most Marina's should stock a "Universal" tool for gas caps...

mmandley
04-23-2010, 05:40 PM
If you got the one with 2 little studs on it then thats what i got. i was looking at some of the gas caps on the AWS boats. I'm thinking i might get a new one they have with a little flip up key made right into the cap.

If all you need to do is get yours loose then you can borrow mine.

Matter a fact im planning on going out Sunday and Monday this weekend Stretch if you and Zach and or your lady want to roll out and do some boarding and surfing. Im trying to get my ballast done the next couple nights so its ready lol.

stretch55
04-23-2010, 07:45 PM
If you got the one with 2 little studs on it then thats what i got. i was looking at some of the gas caps on the AWS boats. I'm thinking i might get a new one they have with a little flip up key made right into the cap.

If all you need to do is get yours loose then you can borrow mine.

Matter a fact im planning on going out Sunday and Monday this weekend Stretch if you and Zach and or your lady want to roll out and do some boarding and surfing. Im trying to get my ballast done the next couple nights so its ready lol.

I can still use mine it's just a pain in the butt! So AWS has a new one with what I assume is a flip up built in key huh? What does that run? I might look into that too. I have b day party sun. And idk what's goin un mon I assume some sort of work at somepoint lol!

Razzman
04-23-2010, 08:13 PM
I've never found a need to use it. I just hand tighten and loosen. In fact i don't even know where it is! :confused:

viking
04-23-2010, 10:18 PM
I've never found a need to use it. I just hand tighten and loosen. In fact i don't even know where it is! :confused:

HA - funny you mention it because I do the same thing :)
Seems likes it's always quicker to just grab it and twist than dig up the key!
"rollin like razz"

mmandley
04-23-2010, 10:53 PM
I can still use mine it's just a pain in the butt! So AWS has a new one with what I assume is a flip up built in key huh? What does that run? I might look into that too. I have b day party sun. And idk what's goin un mon I assume some sort of work at somepoint lol!

I talked to AWS today the one i saw was a MB special edition thing booo.

Well looked at the weather and its turning as its already raining here right now.

Razzman
04-24-2010, 12:47 AM
HA - funny you mention it because I do the same thing :)
Seems likes it's always quicker to just grab it and twist than dig up the key!
"rollin like razz"

Good one Viking! I gotta remember that one! :p

jeffrogge
04-24-2010, 12:49 AM
I didn't even know what it was for until last summer, bought my boat in 07. I have never used it. hehe