PDA

View Full Version : Boating in Cedar Rapid Iowa Area

kennedy
04-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Just was wondering if there are any members on the form that live near or around the Cedar Rapid area of Iowa.

The company I work with has offered me a permotion to move to the area.

The problem I have is that I love my summers in the Minnesota Lake region near Detroit Lakes.

Can anyone tell me if there are any local hot spots for MOOMBA boating.

Are there any camping grounds that you can rent for a yearly spot to leave your RV parked for the season?

Thanks for any advise!!!

HAPPY BOATING!!

zabooda
04-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Our family had a cabin at Delhi lake and we visited Coralville also. There is a real nice Moomba dealership at Delhi. Everything looks so small compared to when I grew up.

BWeber
04-24-2010, 05:01 PM
I boat at Lake Rathbun in Iowa. I have not personally been to the Coralville Lake, but I have heard good things about it. Its relatively close to University of Iowa's campus, so you might find a younger crowd on the lake there. I purchased my boat from the dealership in Delhi. Its a small family owned dealership with great friendly service.

As far camping I don't have any info on that. I can look into it, but the few people that I know up there probably wont be much help.

kennedy
04-25-2010, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the input!!

We are looking to move into the Fairfax IA area.

That puts us 17 miles from Coralville Lake and Lake Macbride.

That will not be bad at all. We will be able to load up the group any night after work and head over for some activities!!

That is what summer is about!!!

Iowa05LSV
04-29-2010, 11:11 AM
We spend our time on Coralville and occassionlly on the Cedar River in Cedar Rapids. Coralville is larger but also much busier on the weekends. If you go out on weekdays you will see people out, but it's the hardcore boaters (the ones that understand you don't sent rollers @ fishermen and wakeboarders).

You were asking for suggestions for RV parking. I'm sure there are several around but the one I'd recommend locally is Scales Point (http://www.scalespointe.com/campground/index.shtml). I've stayed there several times and it's always a great mix of people. With easy access to the boat ramp and location on the Coralville Reservoir it's ideal.

As for Mac Bride, you have to remember it's a fishing/sailing body of water and has no-wake rules.

I 100% agree that B&B Sports in Delhi is great to work with.
-Iowa05LSV