PDA

View Full Version : obrien seige

Frank Smith
04-21-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm looking at buying a new ski. Is the Obrien Seige w sector boot any good?

maxpower220
04-21-2010, 11:42 PM
I believe that the Siege was OBrien's premier ski before the Sixam came out some years back (I could be wrong on that). I had a friend with one and he seemed to like it. If the price is right and it is in good condition, you may have a winner.

From experience, just because "everybody" or "every magazine" says a ski is great, that doesn't mean that you will like it or you will feel comfortable on it. I had a Connelly F1 and Concept, great skis, I hated both of them.

Good luck.

Frank Smith
04-22-2010, 09:34 AM
350 for the package new. I'm not sure if thats a goo price.

maxpower220
04-22-2010, 09:51 AM
http://search.overtons.com/?D=siege&Nty=1&N=0&Dk=0&Ntt=siege

http://www.bartswatersports.com/catalog.asp?P=52180

http://www.waterskis.com/O'Brien-Siege-Slalom-Waterski-p/obrien_siege_2009.htm

Sounds like an average price for that set up.

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Slalom

Frank Smith
04-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Well I decided to get a Radar Senate instead. I heard its pretty good.

Sled491
04-26-2010, 10:28 PM
I have a Siege. I find it stable, but slow and a bit heavy. I think you will find the same thing with the Senate except for the weight, it might be a bit lighter, but basically from the binidings.

Frank Smith
04-27-2010, 12:44 PM
I just wish I could try them out before buying them.

Sled491
04-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Ya I know, don't we all :)

snowboardcorey
04-28-2010, 08:23 AM
If I remember right the Siege was a slightly softer version (possibly different edge bevels too) of the Mapple. Both skis were a little slow compared to other similar models but very stable due to the tunnel on the front (faded to full edge to edge towards the tail)

As far as demoing ask you local pro shop. I know we demo several of our higher end skis, we also provide a performance guarantee so if something really isn't working for you we'll swap it out with something else. I'm sure most pro shops would work out something similar if asked. That being said our demo program has seen less and less use every year. In the 90's we had a demo fleet of skis that were usually gone EVERY weekend, now its a ski or two every other week that goes out.

snowboardcorey
04-28-2010, 08:23 AM
Also meant to say congrats on the Senate, I think you're going to love it!

Sled491
04-28-2010, 10:01 AM
If I remember right the Siege was a slightly softer version (possibly different edge bevels too) of the Mapple. Both skis were a little slow compared to other similar models but very stable due to the tunnel on the front (faded to full edge to edge towards the tail)

As far as demoing ask you local pro shop. I know we demo several of our higher end skis, we also provide a performance guarantee so if something really isn't working for you we'll swap it out with something else. I'm sure most pro shops would work out something similar if asked. That being said our demo program has seen less and less use every year. In the 90's we had a demo fleet of skis that were usually gone EVERY weekend, now its a ski or two every other week that goes out.

If think you are correct about the Mapple, if not that one another. It was a slower lay up and a bit heavier. Was supposed to be more forgiving.

Frank Smith
04-28-2010, 08:02 PM
I can't get demos here. I have to buy most of my stuff online or pay double at the local dealers.

Sled491
04-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Where you out of?

Corey, you guys need to start shipping you demos out like Goodde and then you can increase your online sales.

Frank Smith
04-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Ottawa Canada. With the value of our dolar now I order from the states.

Sled491
04-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Hey fellow Canuck! My baby sister lives in Ottawa, has for about the last 10 yrs. Love skating on the Cannel in the winter, garlic/mozza elephant ears yumm :)

Frank Smith
04-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Where are you out of?

Sled491
04-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Born and raised in Thunder Bay, but live south of the board these days, SE Wisconsin

snowboardcorey
04-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Where you out of?

Corey, you guys need to start shipping you demos out like Goodde and then you can increase your online sales.

I hear ya but we don't make the kind of margins that Goodde does!

Not sure if anyone is interested but we just locked in July 14-16 for our annual Wade Cox Slalom Clinics. Clinics are held just outside of the Twin Cities in MN.