PDA

View Full Version : Moomba Cruise to perfect pass

jeffrogge
04-20-2010, 11:03 PM
Hi I was wondering if anyone who has upgraded from moomba cruise to perfect pass has done anything cool where the moomba cruise used to be. thanks

dru1974
04-20-2010, 11:09 PM
my pp is in that triangle where moomba cruize would be

you da man
04-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Quite a few members have done this upgrade. I know I'll be doing the PP Stargazer in about a month.

morgan040
04-21-2010, 01:26 PM
I just put stargazer in and WOW what a difference form the moomba cruise. That Moomba cruise is not made for wakeboarding or skiing!!!!

viking
04-21-2010, 02:23 PM
What's all to the upgrade process?? I'm not exactly up on what it takes to upgrade from the moomba cruise to PP. What do you have to take out/put in to upgrade? Sorry for being so ignorant on it.

BobP
04-21-2010, 05:23 PM
I just did this, have yet to turn it on (boat is still in garage :( )

As others have mentioned, it is really easy to install. We have 2008 OBV with Moomba Cruise. You basically remove the Moomba Cruise unit from under dash and replace with new unit (I have comment on this later), connect a plug in the engine compartment (just a plug to an existing connector, not wiring to helm area), install processor box under dash/helm and connect cables, gps receiver. That's it, pretty simple ... but, I have yet to power up so maybe it will be harder than it seems.

More on the I/O unit. For our boat, the way they installed the bolts that hold the unit in place, the unit sits slightly off center (down and to the right). Not a big deal, but will bug me every time I look at it. Will need to figure way to center it.

Canuckle Head
04-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Just ordered mine today. Should be here in about 2 days.

Stoked!

tazz3069
04-22-2010, 10:21 PM
I got my perfect pass and love it. Now for the to buttons. I removed the original switches and added led switches for my new LED rings. I had to do something with that space. Those old switches were useless. Now I have a great use for that space now.

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=11&pictureid=1658
https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=11&pictureid=1657

Canuckle Head
04-23-2010, 12:58 AM
I think once I'm finished with this mod I'll start looking at LED options. Probably dash and cabin lighting. That's pretty sweet tazz, nice work!

Canuckle Head
04-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Wow! I ordered yesterday and it just arrived. Should have this baby installed by the weekend. Talk about great customer service! Nova Scotians are the bomb! Thanks again Perfect Pass for your top notch customer service. 8-)

jeffrogge
04-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Tazz, that is awesome, that is exactly what my question was geared toward.