PDA

View Full Version : Shady dealership employees

you da man
04-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Kind of a long story. I bought my new 08 XLV at the end of Sept. Got the GGIII system negociated in the price. I didn't want to miss out of any of the remaining warm weather so I told my salesman I will wait until winter to do the GGIII upgrade from the GGI system and I wanted the 750lb sacs instead of the 400lb sacs...no problem. All I have to do is make up the minimal price difference between two 400lbs sacs and two 750lb sacs...no biggie. After a couple months and after winterizing the weather is warming up. I call the dealership and tell the service manager to get the GGIII system together as I would be bringing the boat in. Service manager says, "you still want the 750 sacs right?" I tell him "yes". A week or two later he calls me and said my GGIII and 750lb sacs have arrived and ready to be installed. I drop off my boat, service manager shows me the boxes with my parts. Boat gets de-winterized and GGIII system installed. I pick up my boat a week later, look into the v-drive lockers and see the bags neatly rolled up and the plumbing/connections looking good. I get to the lake, unroll the bags and think,"these look a little small for 750lb sacs" and don't even fill the length of the v-drive locker but they are obviously bigger than the 400lb sacs. Did some online searching and guess what...they are the 565lb sacs. I call the dealer this morning obviously upset. Service manager was not in but I left a message with a technician. A few minutes later a parts guy calls me and asks, "what wrong with the parts in the GGIII system". I explained what was discussed several times with my salesman and a couple times with the service manager about the 750lb sacs. He then procedes to tell me that he talked to me and advised me that the 565lb sacs will "expand" to hold over 700lbs and that the 565lb sacs is all the XLV locker will hold. Pretty pissed off by this statement because I've never met this guy (I won't mention his name) in person or on the phone and I have never and will never consider filling only part of the v-drive locker when I can fill the whole thing with ballast. He keeps insisting that I don't know what I'm talking about and proceeds to tell me he will discuss it with the service manager. Not 10 min later I get a call from Barefoot Int. who makes Fatsacs and this guy says the 08 Moomba XLV will hold an 1100lb sac on each side of the v-drive. He said that it may not fill all the way but it will be close and that the parts guy is less than knowlegable (to put it nicely). I then get a call from the parts guy and he said that they will upgrade my rear sacs to the 1100lb bags at no charge for the upgrade. So it looks like I will be getting 2200lbs of rear ballast (not that I will fill it all the way but it will be fun to experiment). Also have some bow sacs coming.

DOCDRS
04-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Its amazing how knowledgeable-LESS some sales people are. Its the same in the auto industry. You expect them to know more than you which is a big mistake alot of the time. But then there are some who truly know their product!!!! you just have to find them

zabooda
04-21-2010, 12:09 AM
Looks like they did you right at the end. These issues happen every once in a while and it is good when you end up with something better than planned rather than the other way around.

sandm
04-21-2010, 08:01 AM
agree with zabooda. nice to see that they did infact take care of you...

kind of off topic, but the 750's seem to be the popular upgrade. I bought what I thought was a 750 for the rear of mine, but when I went in this year to get a second one for the other side, I found out it was really a custom 900 that the boat shop had flyhigh build. they told me that the 750's will fill up fine, but the 900's will fill every nook and cranny and I'm getting the best bang for the buck out of them..
I think you'll like the 1100's in the same respect....

enjoy...

moombadaze
04-21-2010, 08:25 AM
always nice to hear of a good event in the end

sailing217
04-21-2010, 10:52 AM
I have the new 1100lb 'ultimate' sac from FH. Word of warning, I have a different boat, but need to reinforce my locker wall to accomadate the extra weight and extra 1" wide over the 750lb FH. Something to check out on your XLV.

Have fun

Rtmathew15
04-22-2010, 09:07 PM
I have the new 1100lb 'ultimate' sac from FH. Word of warning, I have a different boat, but need to reinforce my locker wall to accomadate the extra weight and extra 1" wide over the 750lb FH. Something to check out on your XLV.

Have fun

Thats really good to know. I have been thinking about going to that bag... Thanks

DOCDRS
04-22-2010, 10:08 PM

Have fun

did it bust thru to your engine compartment?.......pressure at any point is determined by only the vertical amount of water above that point. width has nothing to do with it.

sailing217
04-23-2010, 08:41 AM
It didn't burst but I have a PVC divider as a wall and it was bowing. There's about 3 of us centurion owners that got the bags and did/doing this mod. Some 'L' brackets on the bottom and some metal bars cut with a hack saw then tapped via screws to the locker support.

Right on the width but the 750 really only pushed on the wall when we bulged it. The extra 1" means the PVC divider is doing all the support. I have a different boat so might not apply.

DOCDRS
04-23-2010, 05:08 PM
got ya sailing , especially if the bag is not vented as well

sandm
04-26-2010, 08:59 AM
I had to reinforce the side wall as well. if you notice, skiers puts the hinge on the ballast side of the compartment and any added pressure will cause the bag to push the divider inward and the hinges seem to be installed on the wrong side. not to mention the screws that hold the hinges to the fold down panel are only 1/2" long.. replace them now with next-size-up lag bolts, 2.5" thru the floor and 1" thru the fold down door.

I had to replace mine after a surf session, opened the engine lid to cool her off and found the door wedged against the exhaust manifold.

Sled491
04-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Glad to hear they did right by you, good to hear a happy ending for once!