PDA

View Full Version : v-drive filter???

spoon03
04-20-2010, 07:56 PM
'09 OBV...Just finished my 50 hr service. Changed the oil and oil filter and the fuel filter. My question. I was reading the owners manual. It said there was a V drive remote filter right where I just changed my oil filter and the oil filter is under the engine. I went outside to look for another filter and I can't find one. Is there a V drive filter? I followed the hoses and they led to the engine, not the V-drive. The filter I changed sit above the engine, not below. Any thoughts???

JesseC
04-20-2010, 11:51 PM
The only thing I know of on the V-Drive is a screen type filter on the bottom line of the unit itself. If you look at the line at the very bottom it has a large nut with a hose going through it. When you thread out the nut you will see that it has a cylinder screen attached to it. All you really do is clean it off and put it back. I only do this every other season. I rarely find anything in the screen.

squeeg333
04-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Exactly what Jesse said. There's a cylinder screen in there that catches things. I would hope that you don't find anything in there, ever... you'd have some serious problems if the gears were starting to wear...