PDA

View Full Version : Newby from MS

Grady
04-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Hey everyone, I'm new to the inboards. I had a 07 Bayliner 175 that was our first boat. The wife and I test drove a Moomba and we're hooked. We just sold the bayliner and plan to have us a moomba in a couple of weeks. I hope to make some new friends and learn alot from you guys. Grady

Razzman
04-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Welcome to the forum Grady! There's a lot of great people here and some fantastic info as well.

brain_rinse
04-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Welcome! What variety of Moomba are you looking to buy?

skiyaker
04-20-2010, 12:08 PM
welcome- once you go inboard you never go back ;)

Grady
04-20-2010, 12:19 PM
We're leaning toward the outback v, but I read on here alot of good things about the lsv. Whichever one we find a deal on, and can agree on. lol

kaneboats
04-20-2010, 12:44 PM
They are all good choices. Best to consider garage space, the types of uses you are after, the size/ # of people you typically have out with you, and your tow vehicle. Best of luck! Lots of folks on here willing to help out and answer questions.

04OUTBACK
04-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Welcome Grady.. i lived in H'burg for many years, then moved to Madison, MS.. Now in UPstate, NY.. You gonna ride on Paul B? or private lake?

I had Outback DD and Now LSV.. Love my LSV. Either the OBV or LSV are great boats..

GeauxTigers
04-20-2010, 02:45 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new to the inboards. I had a 07 Bayliner 175 that was our first boat. The wife and I test drove a Moomba and we're hooked. We just sold the bayliner and plan to have us a moomba in a couple of weeks. I hope to make some new friends and learn alot from you guys. Grady

Hi Grady:
Welcome to the forum. I came from a 97 185SS Bayliner with a 4.3 Merc. All I can tell you is WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I love my LSV. So much so that my wife talks about it as the "other woman." That being said, she truly enjoys the time out and, believe or not, she spends more time behind it than I do.

Grady
04-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Kane,
Its just me and the wife right now, so thats one reason leaning toward the obv, but I'd like to get something that I'm not gonna out grow, either. My tow veh (my wife is jealous) 07 sierra denali 6.2 all wheel drive, is ready for whatever we hook too.lol

04outback
UPstate, your a long way from home.lol We'll prob be going to Paul B or the flint lake in Wiggins. It looked to be pretty nice as well. We live just outside Camp Shelby so Paul b will be the closest one to us. Any you would suggest?

Grady
04-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Tiger
I know what you mean bout the "other woman". lol We test drove the obv it was night and day. I was like "WOW" wished we would've know this in the beginning. We wanted to trade that day but was going to take too much of a loss compared to selling. My wife is the same way, she spends more time behind the boat, then in it. I gotta tell her to take a break, the water isn't going anywhere. lol

wolfeman131
04-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Hey Grady! You'll love the move to a Moomba. We went from our 1st boat, a '88 Chapparel 187, to our '08 OBV. It was like upgrading from a VW bug to a Porsche. I still crack a smile every time I start my Moomba.

04OUTBACK
04-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Flint Creek may be more fun than Paul b.. Paul B on weekends is CHOPPY
Go early or weekdays!

byronkoz
04-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Hey Grady welcome to the board and whatever you decide to get be it an LSV or Outback V what an awsome upgrade! Good luck.

Grady
04-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks guys, I can't wait til signing day. lol

OBV6
04-21-2010, 12:52 PM
You will like either one, but depending on how you intend to use it and if you can afford it you might seriously consider an XLV. I have an 06 OBV (and love it), but I kind or regret not going bigger for surfing and occupancy reasons. Either way you win.

ian ashton
04-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Welcome to the family! Be sure to post pictures once you get her!

What colors are you looking at?

markcr
04-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Welcome, Grady! I'm a former Bayliner, Ski Nautique, Malibu and Chaparral owner and I can say without a doubt that this Moomba forum is hands-down the nicest, most helpful group of people I've ever had the pleasure to communicate with. Enjoy your new Moomba! I just bought a 2005 Outback and love it. It's the perfect family ski boat (that I can responsibly afford). LOL!

kaneboats
04-21-2010, 04:23 PM
I like that: "Responsibly Afford".

MOOMBA: The responsibly affordable inboard you've been searching for!

Grady
04-21-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm looking more into the lsv for surfing. I can only ski right now, but plan to wakeboard and try the surfing this season. I been looking at a lot of vids on surfing it looks interesting.lol I havnt seen anyone surf behind obv, does it produce a enough wake for surfing? We havnt decided on a "must-have" color, still looking at all the options and styles. I think its call the web design on the mobius, not sure what models or year it comes on, but I like the look. We're going on a cruise next week after that we'll be looking harder for the right one. If we dont spend all the money. :mrgreen:

wolfeman131
04-21-2010, 08:01 PM
I havnt seen anyone surf behind obv, does it produce a enough wake for surfing?

some will tell you the '09-'10 OBV was MADE TO SURF. check out the pics from Ed G and the wave he was getting from the stock GIII system.

there are plenty that have added ballast to the '07-'09 OBV and surf. I think it was the '02-'06 Mobius LSV is the same hull as the '07-09 OBV and plenty of people also surf with that boat.

pic of Ed surfin his OBV
https://forum.moomba.com/album.php?albumid=27&pictureid=1092

ian ashton
04-21-2010, 09:04 PM
I'd venture a guess that the Outback V has a better ski wake than the LSV too, if you still plan to ski.

I know when I test drove an OBV is had a great ski wake.

mbkillin
04-21-2010, 10:14 PM
I love taking my little boomerang on Ross barnett we put in at ratliff ferry and the river is like glass early in the am and really nice in the pm but crazy busy mostly during the day. There are also sevral lakes around Lincoln county where I live that are nice. I suggest lake Lincoln its small but its kinda in a hole so the water is Butta all the time.

Grady
04-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Thanks, you guys cleared up some of the questions I been pondering. Sounds like a win-win either way.

Mbkillen we need to get together sometime this summer, always enjoy new water buddys. I drove by ross barnett today, didnt know it was that big, gotta check that out this summer.

mbkillin
04-22-2010, 11:36 PM
Sure I am down I spend most my time up river due to how choppy the big water gets.