PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass Swim Platform Weight

markcr
04-19-2010, 07:29 PM
I know this is a silly question that I should be able to determine myself by putting my platform on a scale but I don't have a scale handy so I thought I'd throw it out if anyone knows. I'm wondering what the weight of the fiberglass swim platform is on the 03 - 09 Outback. Not how much weight you can put on it, I'm looking for how much it actually weighs. I'm looking at a teak platform that's about 30 lbs and am doing some comparisons.

zegm
04-19-2010, 08:04 PM
I know this is a silly question that I should be able to determine myself by putting my platform on a scale but I don't have a scale handy so I thought I'd throw it out if anyone knows. I'm wondering what the weight of the fiberglass swim platform is on the 03 - 09 Outback. Not how much weight you can put on it, I'm looking for how much it actually weighs. I'm looking at a teak platform that's about 30 lbs and am doing some comparisons.

Well one comparison is that the Teak looks so much better!

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10822&page=2

moombadaze
04-19-2010, 08:05 PM
boy that photo of the Mobius LS tube puller is sure popular :D

zegm
04-19-2010, 09:20 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what have we sowed!!!!!!
Wait I didn't do this...................Wolfeman!!!!!!
Ok I am going to have our camera this summer and you never know what might show back up on these boards after the Lake Sinclair Moomba Jam!
Wait am I being vindictive here......................ok let me say this in another more positive and loving way. Yes we love our Moomba LS with the teak deck as she really shines in the beautiful sunlight in this picture as we pull our kids on a inflatable device. I just can't wait to capture the fun and games of the upcoming Moomba Jamboree so that I can share it all with all our friends on the board! :cool:

markcr
04-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Yep. That teak deck looks beautiful. I'm looking into one for my Outback. Just wondering if there is much difference in weight between the teak and the fiberglass. I suspect the fiberglass is a bit heavier but I'm not sure. It's certainly not a deal breaker. I love the look of teak.

zegm
04-19-2010, 10:33 PM
You know I can't really answer that as I have only had the teak deck because we ordered it that way. I am not sure how thick the fiberglass is but there is a lot of wood in those teak decks as it is 2 layers thick. I had a the original teak deck on our 1975 MasterCraft when I sold it in 2008 and all I ever did was put some oil on it every now and then. OK when I say oil I must say at one time I was poor and at the end of the summer I would actually pour motor oil on it as that was all I had. Come spring time it sure looked good! Ok that is my secret OK? :rolleyes:

PS Castrol 20W-50, again our secret, but now I use teak oil!