PDA

View Full Version : great day

skiyaker
04-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Well Sunday marked a major milestone for this boating family. I promised the boys that when they completed swim lessons and could move around in the water on their own I would get them the ski trainer we saw at the boat show. I'm not sure I've ever seen them so excited as when they took their "first ride." Kind of funny- air was 60 and sunny, water 58- I'm still wearing the drysuit (except to pee) and they're trunkin' it! Just like their dad they didn't want to stop riding so we had to learn that going boating involves taking turns.

kaneboats
04-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Congrats! I bet that was one of the greatest days of your life!

viking
04-19-2010, 01:37 PM
That's wonderful :)
I was looking at buy this from Overton's for my Kids. My oldest if 4 and said she wants to ski like daddy this year. Is your trainer like this one?

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=15787&pdesc=EZ_SKI_Trainer&aID=600A1&merchID=4006

kaneboats
04-19-2010, 01:40 PM
I think that's the kind he has. It's the good one. Don't get the wooden one cuz it sprays kids in the face. Although, my dad epoxied a filler board in the center of my wooden one and made an awesome ski board out of it. It was so good he made another one for my brother.

viking
04-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Kane,
I thought it looked the same. Funny you mention the wooden one. I learned on a homemade jobber. My uncle out in Minneapolis took a 3/4in peice of plywood and put a rubber foot pad (probably made out of mud flaps), installed a tow hook on the front, and drilled holes for the ski rope to hang on to. Didn't look near as pretty as the ones they sell at Overtons but the same concept. Fond memories 8)

skiyaker
04-19-2010, 01:57 PM
yes that's the one we got. My oldest is 4.5 yrs and my youngest is almost 3 and they both can use it just fine. Seems to be good quality- both kids took about 30 seconds to learn to shift their weight around on it.

And yes- it was one of the greatest days of my life- though I realized as soon as they got out there that there will be less time for me to ride from now on but the look on their faces is well worth it!