PDA

View Full Version : Shorty wetsuits

you da man
04-17-2010, 08:50 PM
It's getting a late in the season to get a fullsuit, although I will get the Xcel drylock suit soon since it's 25% off on a website I found. Anyways, thinking of a shorty/spring suit. Water temps are in the 62-63 degree range right now (sorry all you northern people...I'm a wuss). Any thoughts or input. I see some O'neill long sleeve 2mm shorty suits going for $47 new but I'm kinda leaning towards an Xcel shorty but it's $159. Doing my online research it seems that the highend Xcel wetsuits are practically drysuits.

moombadaze
04-18-2010, 07:30 AM
check out exceed wetsuits, I have 2 of them, full and shorty. great product.

www.exceedwetsuits.com
the VP owns a moomba

cab13367
04-18-2010, 11:12 AM
I got a $40 short sleeve shorty at Costco and they fit and work just fine. Have had them for over 5 years now and they stil look new. I only use it a few days per year though.

jmvotto
04-18-2010, 06:29 PM
I second Cab's rec. costco / sams club hO 3/2 wet suits for 24 to 40 bucks.:)

ausbill32
04-19-2010, 01:48 PM
I bought my O'neill wet suit 4 1/2 years ago and it's still rock solid with no tears or rips. O'neill or Quicksilver are the best surfing type wetsets in my opinion and it's what I used growing up. I think I found my springsuit for $89.00. I like the spring suit because it has long sleeve arms but only half legs as I don't like my wet suit inside the bindings. The URL for the O'neill below is designed for surfing so you can swim and move around in it very easily. When I had my old boat a couple of years ago, I would still wear my wetsuit in the mornings on Lake Austin, even during the summer because as you get closer toward Mans Field Dam, the water gets colder and colder as it flows from the bottom of Lake Travis.

Below is a link to the style I have. Mines Black/Red and is the 2/1mm. It's not going to keep you hot but it'll definitely keep you warm. I've ridden year around in this suit on many occasions.
http://www.wetsuitwearhouse.com/page/WW/mens-springsuit-wetsuits/2941